Keeping Regular Eating Habits

Options
mizzpunkette
mizzpunkette Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a bad habit of not eating enough or the right thing. Tea for breakfast, tea for lunch, ramen for dinner.

I started out the week okay but as the week went on I struggled not to skip meals. I've had this issue since I was a teenager. I know I need to supplement with a multivitamin to help pick up some lost nutrition. I'm really wanting a little advice on keeping regular eating habits.
Especially now that I'm lifting weights again. I don't want to put myself in a position where I don't have enough energy for a work out and I hurt myself.

Any advice is welcome

Replies

• takingcareofus
    takingcareofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the same place. I bring my breakfast with be to work, and it sits on my desk until at least 10.
    One thing I want to try to act on is that my doctor said it's best if I eat within an hour of waking.
    I so have put labelled timers on my smartphone to remind me it's time to (eat! And) log my snack or meal.
    Good luck.
    If you'd like a friend, I'm here :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    When you eat really doesn't matter for weight loss. If you prefer to eat all your calories at night then do that. It won't harm you .
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you don't even come close to your calorie goal and are consistently below your protein goal. Are you not eating to your goal because you are too busy to prepare food, lack appetite or are afraid to eat too much?

You might benefit from eating more calorie dense foods if you are having trouble reaching your calorie goal.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

You sometimes eat fruit. You could choose a banana for more calories or have fruit with peanut butter or yogurt.

You could try sipping on smoothies.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-smoothies.html
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    You said in another post that you're looking to lose 200 lbs. How does one get in that position only eating a pack of noodles at night or not being able to eat at all? :|
  • mizzpunkette
    mizzpunkette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You said in another post that you're looking to lose 200 lbs. How does one get in that position only eating a pack of noodles at night or not being able to eat at all? :|

Lack of movement. I could eat next to nothing and loose nothing. My body has to have exercise. I'll
    Go in spurts of three months when I'll eat 3-4x a day. But with awful fatty decisions
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What is your workout schedule? Apparently you do have a a regular schedule for that.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    All good health habits are established through one thing.....action. Want to exercise, then have to move. Want to eat regularly, then eat regularly.

There's really no mystery to making a decision to try something new and taking action.

Once I start some new and healthier habit, my next real challenge will be when I like the results, but get complacent and just go back into magical thinking. "Oh, I don't need to do X, and I'll continue to get great results."

lol....no, wrong. I MIGHT get BY with it for awhile, but in the end, my actions dictate the results.