Low Carb breakfast & lunch ideas

Options
Hi all,

Getting back on track once and for all. My huge problem is breakfast and lunch :( it just seems to be bread etc for lunch and ceraels dont keep me full til lunch. Ideas please would be great for food up until 1pm in the day :)

Replies

• le6676
    le6676 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have porridge with cut up fruit, its still sweet but it's good because you don't need to add the sugar to make it sweet. The oats fill me up for a while. It's a good breakfast and if i'm peckish for lunch I will have it then too. That is my only idea sorry :)
  • le6676
    le6676 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have porridge with cut up fruit, its still sweet but it's good because you don't need to add the sugar to make it sweet. The oats fill me up for a while. It's a good breakfast and if i'm peckish for lunch I will have it then too. That is my only idea sorry :)
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I had an egg white omelet this morning with some sauteed veggies mixed with light sour cream. 225 calories, 10 carbs all from eggs, sour cream and veggies. No bread. Stuffed.

I eat pretty low carb regularly and have found that it's actually really easy if you think outside the box a little bit.

Lunch? Salad, grilled veggies, lettuce wraps, quinoa salad, fruit, frittata, fish, etc... lots of options to avoid refined carbs!
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I often come under the recommendation for my carbs, and over for protein. you can check out my diary for ideas if you'd like. just send me a friend request with a note...
  • lilmisssunshine
    lilmisssunshine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i have got myself into an awful situation for breakfast that i cant seem to cut out, i get a choc chip muffin and low fat large latte every morning. I just cant stop eating it, i am addicted to them.I am not a morning person so i go to work then go into the coffee shop and pick them up feeling sorry for myself. I have porridge in work when i was going to do 'start' eating properly but muffin always wins :( i dont like normal coffee so thats why i get the latte to wake me up
  • lilmisssunshine
    Options
    i have got myself into an awful situation for breakfast that i cant seem to cut out, i get a choc chip muffin and low fat large latte every morning. I just cant stop eating it, i am addicted to them.I am not a morning person so i go to work then go into the coffee shop and pick them up feeling sorry for myself. I have porridge in work when i was going to do 'start' eating properly but muffin always wins :( i dont like normal coffee so thats why i get the latte to wake me up
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just found my new favorite breakfast food...... Butter Ball Everyday Turkey Bacon-- 1 slice has 25 calories, no carbs, and I bought the lower sodium and it has 80 mgs of sodium. I like sandwiches without the bread, but also use 35 calorie slice bread and also the Natures Own Healthy sandwich rounds 100 calories for one round. Lunch is hard for me too, I just bought the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook, it has some promising recipes. Good luck to getting back on track!!
  • lilmisssunshine
    Options
    how do u check peoples diarys, i was trying there but cant find it
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I have eggs for breakfast. Usually four. Meat and veggies for lunch most days.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Eggs, meats (low sodium), veggies, bit of cheese - all mixed into crustless quiche. You can bake a pan of it in advance and eat a piece each day throughout the week.

Cottage cheese, yogurt, also good alongside it.

That's my breakfast right now, actually.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    HI, I have whole eggs daily, about 2 to 3, I also have 1 to 3 servings per day of Sprouted Grains Bread, cereal or pasta (soooo filling and good for you, the best carbs out there!!) One slice of that sprouted grains bread and i am stuffed for 4 to 5 hours!
  • bajemajm
    bajemajm Posts: 4
    Options
    My high protein / low carb is:

2 eggs, 99% FF ground turkey seasoned like sausage (or lean ham bits) and Fat Free Cheese, water, coffee

Protein shake with milk or a slow digesting protein.

Tuna fish, (or turkey, lean ham, lean ground beef) Salad (lots of salad, little dressing), seasonal fruit.

Lots of water.

If you eat breads or cerels, make sure they are whole grains that stay in your stomach longer. You can also supplement with fiber to keep you fuller longer.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I make this low carb microwave muffin almost everyday for breakfast-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/258089-low-carb-microwave-muffin
    Lunches are usually a salad. Joseph's flax pitas have 4 net carbs and are great for sandwiches, pizza, tuna melts....
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    I eat 2 whole eggs, full fat bacon :tongue: , and a banana most days for breakfast. I actually am avoiding anything that says "low fat" and looking for things that are low in sugar.

For lunch it's usually a salad with some grilled chicken or steak.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I hate to say it, but those are the habits you are just going to have to change. If you start logging those trips in your diary and realize what they do to your calorie count, sugar intake, etc, you might start realizing how bad they are for you and feeling differently about them. Emotional eating is the worst and that sounds like your biggest struggle. It's hard, I know, but commit yourself to NOT go at least one day next week and see how that feels. If it's okay, do it twice. Take it slowly, change isn't always easy and be proud of yourself at each and every step in the right direction!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    very good advice!! You have to CHANGE YOUR LIFE for the better!! Eat Healthy, smarten up! You can do this and you will live longer happier and healthier!!