Help! Let's commit to change together!

Options

Hello everyone, I've decide I need to make the commitment to change. The past 2 months I've been physically feeling horrible. Fatigue all the time, terrible sleeping pattern, my skin has changed, and not to mention I find myself staying in my PJs most days. My home life has been suffering greatly as well as my attitude in general. The past month my not so great eating habits have gone to a whole new level of terribleness. I've been scared to get on the scale but I did it today. I was 2 lbs away from the heaviest I've ever been. The last time I was at this weight I did something about it and lost over 50% of my goal (thanks to MFP). This time the matter seems more pressing since I have a child to care for and would like to have more. I want to be the best version of me for him, my spouse and myself. Right now I feel so defeated though, with a lack of motivation to do anything about it. My weight loss goal of 75-90 lbs seems almost impossible. So here I am taking baby steps, and reaching out to the MFP community for help (asking for help doesn't come easy for me). I'm looking for people who are currently, or been where I'm at and have been successful. I need people who will help me hold myself accountable, and give me the motivation I need especially on those very difficult days. I would also like to be able to help others where I can as well. It's in my nature to want to help people. So this will not be a 1 sided MFP relationship. So message me, friend me, offer advice. I'm open for it. I NEED to make the change. I absolutely NEED to commit. I just don't want to do it alone.
Thank you,
Lo

Replies

• clairew931
    clairew931 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I joined MFP to help support people with their goals!
  • tbowz75
    tbowz75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lolo2282, I'm a mom to many and need to loose about 40 lbs. I've been using MFP since mid August. I've "only" lost 10 lbs and also am looking for motivation also.
    It feels so hard to take that step to fully commit.
    We CAN do this baby steps make a difference!
    If you would like to friend me we can motivate each other. :D
  • lolo2282
    lolo2282 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Clairew931.
  • tbowz75
    tbowz75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not sure where that emoji came from.:)
  • lolo2282
    lolo2282 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tbowz75. Being a mom has made it a bit more challenging. I put everyone else first. But what good is that if it isn't the best me? Just do everything half heartedly because I'm too tired.
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you. I need to be held accountable for my weight loss battle but I can't do it alone (not like in the past). Since I went back to school, it seems impossible to lose the weight. Feel free to add me as a friend and we will do it together