Holiday Time Confession

Options
This time of year, peppermint bark Ghirardelli chocolate
I can't resist it, it's so yummy and makes me feel so bad

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie.... yummmmmm! Just passed some fruitcake at the store and almost fell over at how calorically dense it is! ~535 cals/serving (which really wasn't that big)!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin everything, pretty much. And I have to get some of the Cheesecake Factory pumpkin pecan cheesecake every year.

Can't pass up pecan pie if there's some at Thanksgiving either... calories be damned.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I probably eat more pie and cheese in November and December than I do the entire rest of the year. Definitely more pie.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    i enjoy my feast days and don't feel bad at all...food doesn't make me feel bad. i don't tend to treat the entire holiday season as a reason to go off the rails...nothing much for me changes; i still workout and still eat pretty healthfully. I'm not a sweets guy so things like candies and cookies and whatnot aren't particularly appealing to me. give me a platter of cold smoked salmon or summer sausage and I'll have at it.
  • ButterflyLife4Me
    ButterflyLife4Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree you shouldn't treat the holiday season as it is a all you can eat deal, there are just a few foods that are so good to eat. Keep it in moderation
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This past week I felt like I just wanted to eat eat eat......I get that way usually around the Holidays when there are so many goodies around. I decided this year I am going to track no matter what and just try to maintain through the end of the year. I only have about 10 more pounds to go until I get to goal, so if I can successfully maintain through the Holidays I will be ecstatic!

And I agree, peppermint bark Ghirardelli chocolates are delicious!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    my grandma makes "nut balls." They are shortbread cookies with tones of ground pecans and rolled in powdered sugar. i could eat the entire batch...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My confession: I'm bulking and gaining weight on a measly 2000 calories. That's not enough for me to really enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas. And it annoys me that I'm not more active/don't have a higher TDEE, but I don't do anything about it.

• Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    my grandma makes "nut balls." They are shortbread cookies with tones of ground pecans and rolled in powdered sugar. i could eat the entire batch...

My husband's grandmother makes something like that. They are so good.

I use the holidays as an excuse to make my favorite blue cheese/cranberry tarts. I will still make it work with my calories but I only make them twice a year because I will eat nothing but them if they are not deemed for "special occasions".
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I probably eat more pie and cheese in November and December than I do the entire rest of the year. Definitely more pie.

Pie better watch out around me! Lol sort of embarrassing :D
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    Josalinn wrote: »

My husband's grandmother makes something like that. They are so good.

I use the holidays as an excuse to make my favorite blue cheese/cranberry tarts. I will still make it work with my calories but I only make them twice a year because I will eat nothing but them if they are not deemed for "special occasions".

That sounds awesome. Recipe?

I've been sucking at self control since Halloween. Thankfully, the candy is gone and I've managed to keep it around maintenance. I may just focus on maintaining until the new year.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be of the mindset that the stuff I eat (that I normally wouldn't) should be things that I can't eat the rest of the year and only show up during holidays. Then I try to not overdo it, but honestly, I always do. sigh
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooo addicted to chocolate, and anything christmas-y. Peppermint mocha coffees are my weak spot for sure! I try to cut back on the calories by taking them with no cream or sugar, but it's still something I should avoid.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sugar Cookies and Pumpkin Cheesecake. I love it and I'll eat a ton of it. I can't wait for everything Christmas-food-like.

I won't avoid anything. Holidays are meant to be enjoyed, so I will. I'll try to make it fit into my calorie goal, but if I go over every once in a while, no biggie. This is my 3rd holiday season while on MFP. My first I continued to lose while eating everything in moderation. The 2nd I was 8 months pregnant. I ate everything and gained my recommended amount. This year if I lose, great. If not, I'll try my best to maintain since I have a smaller deficit.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My confession is I will probably run away and enjoy solitude instead of indulging with people this year. Just me, my dog and the beauty of nature. I don't need a holiday to eat what I want.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My confession is I will probably run away and enjoy solitude instead of indulging with people this year. Just me, my dog and the beauty of nature. I don't need a holiday to eat what I want.

I wish I could. Mostly, I get so bored every year, hubby ends up napping on the couch and I have to make casual conversation with his family, which I hate (I'm very much an introvert). Would rather stay home...
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I wish I could. Mostly, I get so bored every year, hubby ends up napping on the couch and I have to make casual conversation with his family, which I hate (I'm very much an introvert). Would rather stay home...

My family made a tradition of not doing anything besides hanging out at our house, eating a lot, and napping for the day exactly for this reason! Holidays aren't fun if you have to get out of your PJ's.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Eh.. My family isn't real happy about it, but I don't really care.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    This time of year, peppermint bark Ghirardelli chocolate
    I can't resist it, it's so yummy and makes me feel so bad

These come in a bag of individually wrapped squares. buy the bag, have a square, log it. Or have two. it's okay. Just log them.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to eat some of the stuff I make. I will try not to, but there's just too much yumminess to not have any.

Christmas is a serius diet-killer.

But I'm doing it all in one weekend this year. Make it all and give it away/mail it on Monday. So I'll just have to use restraint for two or three days.

Fudge is the hardest.