Emotional eating....

Options
Help! How does one stop emotional eating when in pain and not allowed to exercise? Any and all suggestions will be helpful....I was doing so well and then nerve issues happened in my left arm from a previous injury in 2011.

Replies

• ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Find something else to give you emotional comfort apart from food. Something pleasurable that is not eating. For me it was playing video games. Consume something else that is not food. Like a book, movies, etc.
  • melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you can't exercise reach out to your friends on this forum I find that going through the forum helps me
  • Athrinn
    Athrinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I replace food with something else that occupies my hands (watching a movie doesn't seem to work). For me that's usually drawing, practicing guitar, or playing a video game that doesn't involve much waiting around. If you don't have any hobbies like this maybe try to work on one! It gets addictive as you notice small improvements over time and it's much more productive than eating.
  • virgogardener
    virgogardener Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been coloring in adult coloring books and playing with fashion in polyvore...lol
  • virgogardener
    virgogardener Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My problem is I hate tv and video games...I love to read but holding my iPad or a book is very painful and laying in bed reading makes my shoulder and neck muscles go into total spasm...I've been doing a lot better with a lot of shots and finally a good doctor but it's torture! I'm allowed to go walking alpha in but I have to keep my hand in a pocket...lol