I just need help....

Options
first time starting this and I don't know where to start.... Help! #plussizesupermodelinneed

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I would start by reading the stickies as it will provide you with a solid starting foundation.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Plug your info into the MFP and follow the instructions. Many people find that using a food scale to weigh the food helps them to see calories they didn't really realize they were consuming. It's really the way to get the best possible estimate.

Eating lots of fruits and veggies will help you get your nutrients and keep you nice and full! Get some exercise (whatever you like), lift some weights and get enough sleep. Sleep is good for so many reasons.
  • amanzella0518
    amanzella0518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Should we count fruits and veggies in our calorie intake?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

They have calories so you should count them.

200 calories of veggies is still 200 calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

If you're counting calories, everything counts. I had 139 calories of fruit in my breakfast.

Everything counts. :)
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Record all food and drink intake.
    Vegetables and fruit have calories, but establishing the habit of tracking your food intake as accurately as possible is important.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just start by setting up your profile.
  • littleladie13
    littleladie13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Then read threads. There is a lot of info. I'm just learning too.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    first time starting this and I don't know where to start.... Help! #plussizesupermodelinneed

Whoo, look at everything getting thrown at you! Take a breath. Relax. Set up your profile - for your activity level, you're most likely lightly active unless you really don't move much at all. (exercise doesn't count in your activity level, by the way).
    If you have a lot of weight to lose, you can set your goal for 2 lbs/week; if you're closer to your goal weight, you can set your goal to 1 lb/week. The main difference is how much of a calorie deficit you're going to have.

A good place to start is a food scale. Weighing solid food (and measuring liquids) is the most accurate way to verify your calorie intake, and learn what a serving size is.
    Also, find an exercise that you enjoy. Remember that you need to eat back 1/2 to 2/3 of your exercise calories if you are following your MFP deficit. Otherwise you are going to lose weight too fast and run the risk of losing lean muscle mass, and losing hair.
    For more tips and helpful information, read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • shandalyn_woolridge
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I plan o. Utilizing the tools you provided me with