Daily meal plan under

Options
I can only eat 1400 calories a day any ideas?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What do you eat normally? What do like?
  • ErinCHolla
    ErinCHolla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I replace one meal a day (normally breakfast or lunch) with a 100 calorie protein shake and use almond milk with it. That gives me more leeway at other meals and snacks. I've been eating a lot of eggs, chicken breast, turkey cheddar brats, soups, salads etc. some days I have a light breakfast, shake for lunch and snacks so I can have a yummy dinner without going over. Best of luck to you!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you are really struggling to get your calorie allowance each day - why not bank your left-overs for an indulgence at the weekend? :)
  • rachemcd424
    rachemcd424 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    What do you eat normally? What do like?
    I eat really anything, I just am having troubles with what to actually eat for breakfast lunch and dinner. The only thing I don't eat is fish

• anewday23
    anewday23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made my own oatmeal packets recently so I could put in extra super healthy stuff. I put in oatmeal, oat bran, ground flax, chia, dried fruit, and it clocks in under 400 calories and next time I'll use less of each thing to make it smaller because it is too much. You just cover it with water and put it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. You could probably find a combo like that for less than 200 calories. Also veggies steamed or sautéed in broth instead of oil is super low, like 50 calories a cup or less. Any piece of fruit is around 100 calories. Soup is really good for this time of year and because it is mostly water almost any kind is a great pick, except the white cream ones. And salad, always salad is a great choice, but be careful with the dressing. I like to water down hummus with the juice from hot pickled peppers. Super low calorie dressing.
  • ceva034
    ceva034 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am eating a max of about 1320 per day. An example of today is:

Breakfast: 35g Oats, 20g protein powder, 100g light peaches

Snack 1: 60g Ham, 4 corn thins

Lunch: 100g chicken breast, 75g pumpkin, 75g seasonal veges (broccoli, carrot etc)

Snack 2: Quest bar

Dinner: 150g Snapper, salad made with beans, corn, orange etc.

This will probably leave me with about 150-200 calories left. (I have logged everything except dinner so far and am sitting on 811).
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want really, just make it fit. Personally I avoid starchy carbs if I can, just as a way to save calories, they'll be reintroduced when I hit maintenance!

Breakfast at the moment is usually porridge (and the milk in my coffee) so under 300 calories. Then I might just have a snack or treat and save for dinner. This week I've had a slice of toast with a couple of eggs (poached or scrambled), cheese, sauteed mushrooms. Dinner has been roast lamb, steamed veggies. Often I'll have good quality ready meals and those are even easier to plan with because the calorie counting is done for you.

I usually net around 1400, I bank calories for bigger treats like take aways and I also workout 4-5 times a week to earn more food! What I eat hasn't really changed, just how much.