Can't stop eating sugar once u start? Here's a tip:

Options
After your first treat and you are edging toward more, more, more... I grab a Halls mentho-lyptus cherry cough drop. It takes at least 20 minutes to suck on. So, not only does the time gap give you a moment to "remember your why" but the aftertaste also makes that 2nd bowl of ice cream less appealing. Sometimes I can just say no, but the above trick helps on my weaker days!

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea.
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Brushing your teeth is also a tip I've heard.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I do a similar thing. I suck a vitamin C lozenge.
    I'm thinking it gives us just enough time to distract/distance ourselves from the treat.
    By then we're probably involved in another activity, so we're not thinking of food at all.
    Anyway, doesn't matter why it works. If it works, YAY!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    htg20 wrote: »
    Brushing your teeth is also a tip I've heard.

You shouldn't brush your teeth within half hour of eating anything ...apart from cheese or milk
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    TahoeSki wrote: »
    After your first treat and you are edging toward more, more, more... I grab a Halls mentho-lyptus cherry cough drop. It takes at least 20 minutes to suck on. So, not only does the time gap give you a moment to "remember your why" but the aftertaste also makes that 2nd bowl of ice cream less appealing. Sometimes I can just say no, but the above trick helps on my weaker days!

But....the cough drop has sugar in it, unless you specifically buy sugar free.

For me, it's important to acknowledge that food has no power over me, I always have the power to say no and just walk away.