100 lbs down & still going!

Options
I've been on this weightloss adventure for 20 months now--have lost 100 lbs, over 18 points off my BMI, several of my meds and many of my "everyday" aches and pains I used to have. I'm 5'2" & *ahem* over 45 yrs old. I never imagined I'd be able to do this--the support of my family & friends has been key to my success so far, & will continue to be, I'm sure.

wqi3p7zubkqv.jpg
me.jpg 343.8K

Replies

• MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations to you on a job well done!!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The difference is striking!! Way to go- you are so much healthier and look great too! Very inspiring! Can you share what your calories were when yougot started?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Nice work..and you look younger.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    ok the picture on the right is you in highschool right???? wink
    Nice job! congrats
  • sunshynes_
    sunshynes_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    ok the picture on the right is you in highschool right???? wink
    Nice job! congrats
    Actually I'm smaller than I was in high school--lol! :blush:
    The difference is striking!! Way to go- you are so much healthier and look great too! Very inspiring! Can you share what your calories were when yougot started?
    I started off doing Weight Watchers, so I don't know what my actual calories were at that point. Did that for a number of months then decided I wasn't really using enough of the tools to justify the cost. Found MFP & went forward from there. :smiley:
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your story, it is inspiration to us over 45s that it can be done
  • shanna32mfp
    shanna32mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great girl! Keep it up! Just awesome. :)
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Incredible!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wtg! You look like a brand new person! :):):)
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well done you look amazing!!!
  • shelly49254
    shelly49254 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing just started my journey hope I can be as successful as you are what diet did you follow I'd you don't mind me asking
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look terrific.
  • missyg726
    missyg726 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! :D
  • sunshynes_
    sunshynes_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing just started my journey hope I can be as successful as you are what diet did you follow I'd you don't mind me asking

Thanks!

I started off on Weight Watchers for several months, using their points system. Once I left that, it was just portion control, logging food here on MFP, making sure to get some form of exercise daily--lots of walking, some strength training.
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    sunshynes_ wrote: »
    I've been on this weightloss adventure for 20 months now--have lost 100 lbs, over 18 points off my BMI, several of my meds and many of my "everyday" aches and pains I used to have. I'm 5'2" & *ahem* over 45 yrs old. I never imagined I'd be able to do this--the support of my family & friends has been key to my success so far, & will continue to be, I'm sure.

wqi3p7zubkqv.jpg

That's awesome..I'm 5'2" also...and this gives me so much hope...Thanks for sharing!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You look great! What an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!