How to change settings to low carb?

Options
chicpower1
chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
I know you go into settings, and I have it set to track my carbs, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually set it to track specifically for carbs and not just calories. Can someone tell me the exact steps? I've been trying for 3 days. LOL. My body responds better to low carb than it does to low calorie. It's very carb sensitive. Thanks so much!

8384277.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Paulette56
    Paulette56 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Go to "My Home" click "Goals" tab. Click "Chnge Goals" then choose the "Custom" option then Continue. You can change any of your nutrition goals from there. When you lower your carbs it automatically raises the protein to make 100% for carb, protein & fat. You will have to change settings to make sure everything you want is showing on your food diary. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Well, calories is default. It is going to be there regardless of what else you decide to have show up. Here is how you add carbs to your food diary. Click on "home" and then "settings" (near the right side at the top). From there you will see where it displays 5 drop down boxes. You can choose what you want to show for each one. You can display up to 5. I display carbs, protein, sodium, saturated fat, and fiber. There is no way to not track calories. Also, you can go in to "goals" from the home screen and then "customize goals". From there change the amount of carbs you aim for in a day. MFP had the carbs figured way to high for me. I had to lower it. I lowered the carbs and raised the protein. You will have to play with it. When you change one the others will also change. I set them at 45% carbs, 35% protein and 20% fat. It will allow you to change other values in your nutritional profile too, like fiber, sugars, etc. I hope this gets you the info you want.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! That helped and I got it figured out! I just needed to drop the carbs a bit to match my diabetic diet. Should be good to go now! Appreciate the help!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you want to get real fancy and subtract fiber or sugar alcohols from your carbs-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/254306-how-to-track-net-carbs-on-mfp