Hi,looking to buddy up with 50yr people

Options
gdjul
gdjul Posts: 11 Member
Hi I am new to this. I need a lot of motivation to keep me going can you help?

Replies

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much motivation I will be (I tend to be a relatively inactive buddy), but I'm 59. Got a diagnosis of diabetes, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and vitamin D deficiency for my 59th birthday.

Got my blood sugar under control in 3 days (Yesterday it was under 100 all day long). I have now lost a bit over 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm eating low carb, moderate protein (which also means relatively high fat content - although that is a side effect for me, rather than a goal).
  • juleelee
    juleelee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 55 and have been on a weight loss journey for the last 10 months. Started logging food/exercise on MFP about 4 months ago. I've lost about 3/4 of the weight I wanted to lose...but the lighter I get the harder it is getting to lose! I could use a buddy for motivation, too! Julie
  • wjdamsell
    wjdamsell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 and need to loose around 50 pound, would love to keep you company. Just logged on this evening and I am all set to start tomorrow.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am 51. Started losing in February. Down almost 60. And 20 to go. Feel free to add me as friend
  • grannyfor4
    grannyfor4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 58, started this a year ago quit and came back in August. So far have lost about 35 pounds this time. I would like to lose a minimum of another 70 pounds but would be happier with 100.
  • grannyfor4
    grannyfor4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    grannyfor4 wrote: »
    I am 58, started this a year ago quit and came back in August. So far have lost about 35 pounds this time. I would like to lose a minimum of another 70 pounds but would be happier with 100.

One day at a time. ...
  • Molson131313
    Molson131313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 55 just turned it yesterday :# It gets harder every year to loose weight, the old tricks don't work anymore. Been working out for the last year but I obviously have been consuming too much of the wrong food. Giving it another try. Wish everyone success :)
  • rarintogo
    rarintogo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have done all the programs to lose weight but could never maintain any of the loss. Am starting over with 60 pounds to lose as my first goal. Failure is hard to forget! Need all the help I can get. Will be a pensioner at the end of next year, can cope with the aging process but not the fat. The weight loss game is a hard one to figure out. Success to all who continue to try.
  • calobeck1963
    calobeck1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gdjul wrote: »
    hi. I'm new, too. After some blood work indicated that I was at risk for diabetes I was scared and decided to make some changes. I changed to a healthier eating plan, and joined a gym. I am a little over a week into it and my weight is beginning to drop. I track everything faithfully on Myfitnesspal, and it helps me to see what I am doing well, and what needs improvement.
    You can do this.

• michaelmcbride62
    Options
    Hello, I am Michael, a 53 yo grandfather of 8 wonderful grandchildren. Trying to loose some weight to make myself healthier for their sake. I will be happy to try to help someone be motivated better. It can be hard with life and all.
  • adrianferriday
    adrianferriday Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 51 do a lot of cycling kept weight off after losing 4 stone put 2 back on over the last few months. Finding it hard to get motivated, so I have agreed to cycle 600 miles next may hope this motivates me to get back out on bike and cut down the calories.
  • laurahanlon1
    laurahanlon1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and 7 months with the goal to be 50 fit and fabulous! Just getting started today, and could use some accountability.
  • gdjul
    Options
    We can go it both ways! I am current 49 & 10months. I am going to Mauritius in January. I want to have a go at different things while I am there. I need to get going before I go! I have a number of medical conditions which can all be improved by loosing weight strengthening & toning muscle. I have lost 1stone 1lb since June but have lost my way over the few months.
  • gdjul
    Options
    Hi I am 51 do a lot of cycling kept weight off after losing 4 stone put 2 back on over the last few months. Finding it hard to get motivated, so I have agreed to cycle 600 miles next may hope this motivates me to get back out on bike and cut down the calories.

• gdjul
    Options
    I have got back into bad habits & stopped going to the gym as work commitments got in the way! I started at 14st 2lb currently 13st 1lb after putting 5lb back on.
  • gdjul
    Options
    Hello, I am Michael, a 53 yo grandfather of 8 wonderful grandchildren. Trying to loose some weight to make myself healthier for their sake. I will be happy to try to help someone be motivated better. It can be hard with life and all.

• gdjul
    Options
    I don't have any grandchildren yet but I do have 4 young nieces & a nephew. I have a number of medical conditions which will all do better from loosing weight & improving my fitness.
  • gdjul
    Options
    gdjul wrote: »
    hi. I'm new, too. After some blood work indicated that I was at risk for diabetes I was scared and decided to make some changes. I changed to a healthier eating plan, and joined a gym. I am a little over a week into it and my weight is beginning to drop. I track everything faithfully on Myfitnesspal, and it helps me to see what I am doing well, and what needs improvement.
    You can do this.

• gdjul
    Options
    I have been using this app for a while but stop tracking & slacked off going to the gym. I have a very active job as a manager for Royal Mail. I have lost 1st 1lb but bad habitats have snuck back in.
    I got back to tracking yesterday & went to the gym. I signed up for the jeans challenge to loose at least a jeans size in 6 weeks. So I had my body fat done my weight taken & hips & wait measured.
    Like your self I have a number of underlying medical conditions which all can be improved by exercising to tone muscles & loose weight.
    Just need to keep motivated.