Time & Strength to be healthy during holidays?!

I am a mom of a 3 year old, a full-time student working on my BA, and I work part time. My winter break is coming up, but that means holiday hours for work. I go from working 10-15 hours a week to 40+ hours a week and working 10-12 hour shifts! Plus all the crap food! How do you stay strong during the holidays, especially when you just don't feel like you have the time rushing around? Some healthy and quick meal ideas? Some that I won't throw away in the trash because my work has catered Mexican food!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Do you track your food intake? You can make smart choices and stay within your calories for the day!!
  • alcronin382
    alcronin382 Posts: 5 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Do you track your food intake? You can make smart choices and stay within your calories for the day!!

I am tracking, yes! But I have no power when it comes to food! I'm working on moderation at least, because going cold turkey never works! But this will be my first season with a goal of eating well, and not putting my health on the back burner!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    You don't have to go cold turkey. If you are trying to lose 1-2 lb a week; change to .5-1 lb a week or even maintenance.

Set yourself up to win by giving yourself a calorie goal you can handle over the holidays.

If work tends to bring in Mexican do some research on the calories in a variety of dishes and try to eat the lower calorie options.

You must have a great deal of willpower to be going to school, raising a child, and working. Apply that to your food as well.

You don't have to cut anything out just eat less, chose the tastiest and bypass the mediocre.

Find some simple 3-4 item dinners that you can make, or use a crockpot to bulk cook meals for the week.

Cheers, h.