in need of motivation and support

Options
feels like I'm fighting a never ending battle....I tell myself everyday that today is the day I get back on track, eat better, and workout....then I find an excuse not to! I know what's good for me and I know how to get the body back that I so desire....I just can't seem to get back on track and stick with it! I have gained over 20lbs in the past 2 years and its disgusting. You would think that alone would be enough to get back on the band wagon! I am healthy otherwise but am uncomfortable in my own skin and don't like what I see in the mirror! Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @knr1109 great job on reaching out. You're definitely not alone! I've been there many times. Here are some of the toughest, but most effective, lessons I've learned for long-term success.

1. Question and challenge my excuses. Do I like the excuses that I give? If yes, then cool. If not, why am I allowing them to dictate what I do or don't do?

2. Kindness and curiosity work way better in the long-run than self-criticism and judgment. We are cruelest to ourselves. What payoff do I get from being so mean to myself?

3. Another really hard lesson I've had to learn (and keep re-learning LOL) is that ultimately it's my responsibility to be aware of and accept the choices I make. That means if I choose to binge or overeat, to fully own it. It means not blaming family/friends/coworkers for bringing in delicious foods and treats. It's so much easier to blame someone else or outside circumstances than say "Yes, I'm responsible for this" in a kind and compassionate way.

Keep us posted on how you're doing and trust that you CAN do this!

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    After I'd gained 20# I realized I could easily gain another 20, and another.... and another. I came on here and started logging. Take it slowly as you've picked up some eating habits that will take time to change. Give yourself a year, log everything, read a lot on here. You'll get motivated and get your mojo back.
  • calistizo619
    calistizo619 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need help being accountable. I will log for 5 days then drop off...
  • xxxibgdrgn1981
    xxxibgdrgn1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel !!!! I've recently lost 40 pounds ... Im 10 pounds away from my goal ... Yet, I find myself eating Starbucks snowman cookies in the target store at 9PM at night lol... Last week I went out and had two huge meals then this weekend I'm like , ok time to start over and end up taking bites here and there of little things ... Agh... It's frustrating ... However ... It is true ... Tomorrow IS a new day !!!! We need to let go of any negative thoughts and realize we CAN and WILL do this !!!! :) you can always send me a message for support !