Breaking up makes me lose my appettite

Options
Just broke up with a guy I was dating. The good news is that I have no desire to eat right now! The bad news is that I'm sad and want to just crawl into bed for a few weeks! :brokenheart:

Why are relationships so hard?? and painful???:sad:

Replies

• rwalden628
    Options
    Just broke up with a guy I was dating. The good news is that I have no desire to eat right now! The bad news is that I'm sad and want to just crawl into bed for a few weeks! :brokenheart:

Why are relationships so hard?? and painful???:sad:
  • mirroredreality
    Options
    Aww. I'm sorry that you're going through that right now. The good news is that most everything heals with time. Relationships get to be hard and painful because you put a lot into them and when they end, it's a major disappointment...you don't put all of that energy into something just to watch it fall apart. It's going to be hard for a little bit, but eventually you'll start to feel better. Just try not to let yourself fall into bad habits while you're mourning the loss of your relationship (like eating an entire pizza while watching sappy movies...well, maybe that's just me!). It always helps to stay busy because it gets your mind off of what's going on around you :flowerforyou:
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    I feel for you. My husband of 8 yrs and I just reecently seperated and he moved in right away with some other woman, but let me tell you, It took a bit to get over and it was hard, but it has now motivated me to show him look what you walked out on and it pushes me to look good not only for myself or my kids but also to show him I could do it and do it even after he was gone.

I don't know your situation, but it does get easier.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. They are so awful. :cry: Come on hun, get up and do something that makes you feel good about being you! You can do this! :happy: We are here to support you. Don't know why you broke up but it is his loss. You will find the man of your dreams when you aren't looking so get outta bed and do something for you today!
  • renae77
    Options
    I feel for you. My husband of 8 yrs and I just reecently seperated and he moved in right away with some other woman, but let me tell you, It took a bit to get over and it was hard, but it has now motivated me to show him look what you walked out on and it pushes me to look good not only for myself or my kids but also to show him I could do it and do it even after he was gone.

Been there so I feel ya....... I got to looking better and feeling better about me after that. Then he and I got back together almost 2 years later and I gained my weight back too.....:frown: It all works out in the end
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Sorry to hear that :cry: Bad events, however, can give you the motivation to start something new in your life. Take all those yucky feelings and work them off at the gym or start something new, I promise those kinds of things will help along with the hurt :smile: Hang in there!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    Ah, I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe try putting on an upbeat workout mix and workout. I know it probably feels like you have no energy so just commit to 10 or 15 minutes at an easy pace and see if the music doesn't make you want to workout longer. After all, working out gives you endorphins :smile:
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options

Been there so I feel ya....... I got to looking better and feeling better about me after that. Then he and I got back together almost 2 years later and I gained my weight back too.....:frown: It all works out in the end

Good news on my half is there is NO chance of us ever getting back together, so the weight I am losing is going to stay off!!! lol
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm sorry things didn't work out. I was the same way when I broke up with my boyfriend...we broke up, I didn't eat for four days, and I dropped 10 pounds. However, I gained it all right back once I started eating.

I wish I could tell you just to suck it up and deal with it...but unfortunately it's not that easy and I can relate with your situation.

Try to hang in there girl...
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    At least when you are upset you don't eat...when something bad happens in my like I eat and eat and eat and eat! In fact, the majority of my weight was gained that way!

I hope everything will work out for you and you can use this experience as another thing to help you succeed in your weight loss! Good luck!
  • renae77
    Options

Good news on my half is there is NO chance of us ever getting back together, so the weight I am losing is going to stay off!!! lol
    We worked thru a lot and then I had 3 surgeries in a year and a half and it helped put on that weight I had lost. I am just now motivated to lose it all again and keep it off! Hun as long as you are happy I am happy for you! Good luck on here!
  • rwalden628
    Options
    Thanks, ya'll! Fortunately, it wasn't a long-term relationship. But we work together so that just makes it harder. He's a great guy and that makes it hard to hate him! ha!

I'll probably be even more dedicated to the gym and eating right ... it's harder to do those things when you're in a relationship! I guess being single has its perks!

I'll be fine! God has blessed me with great friends and I know that they (and you guys) are there for support. I appreciate all the encouragement! :happy:

86075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter