Looking for a mentor

Options
About a year ago I weighed 140 & during this year I started to pick up bad habits like drinking soda and eating fast food. I now weigh about 185 and I feel like it just hit me suddenly. But I've always had a low self esteem and now that I've gained so much weight it's even lower. I'm looking for someone to mentor and guide me in the right direction because I'm new to the whole healthy eating thing, and it also helps to have someone who is knowledgeable there for me to talk to.

Replies

• rodneytracy
    rodneytracy Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am on here daily.
  • twinsbabyweight
    twinsbabyweight Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know you posted this a while back but I log daily & work out 5 days a week. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'd love to help you out.
  • Kristine0630
    Kristine0630 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate!
    You are already on the right track being here and identifying the soda and fast food as foes. I log on daily and am in a similar boat. I was always fit then started slight yo yo'ing. Never more than 10 or so pounds. About 4 years ago I had a bad breakup and I just threw in the towel. I ate everything and did not work out. I put on a TON of weight. This year I decided enough was enough and I was not going to 'settle in' to a heavier weight. I'm going at a healthy pace, no crash diet or crazy work out plan...just steady diet and exercise. Feel free to add me, I would be happy to support your on your journey. (~:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
  • sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kate, please feel free to add me also. We are a great bunch on MFP and love to motivate each other. Please feel free to add me as a friend, been doing this for 187 days and lost 42lbs so hopefully will be able to help you if you need x