TRYING MY BEST!!!

Options
Hello to everyone!!! I've been on this website for about a week now and I love it. It has helped me to control what I eat per day. This is the longest I ever did a diet for. Seriously, I neve lasted longer then a week. I love to eat. But, now I try to eat more healthy foods. I've been eatting more fruits and veggies. I stopped eatting fried food and eatting out. I'm a mom of 2 beautiful kids. I would love to go back to my weight before I had my babies. Motivation is everything. I also try to do sit ups at home and some dancing for about 20 minutes a day. My husband says he is proud of me because he can't believe how much I have cut down on the eatting. By the way I need to invest in a scale because I haven't weighed myself. I hope I can stay focus because I really want to feel good again.

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You might also invest in a tape measure -- the scale tends to lie. :laugh:

Congrats on a successful first week!
  • babygyrl0913
    Options
    That is a great idea. Thanks :)
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add in a heart rate monitor.
  • busymomoffour
    busymomoffour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    good for you! when you are the mom, you don't always take the best care of you - you don't realize how much you are consuming, or you eat what is "fast" but not necessarily healthy or don't get to exercise even though you are busy, busy, busy......sometimes we don't even get time for a shower! :-) Sounds like you are off to a good start! I'm also fairly new to this (1 month), have 4 teens :-) and decided it was about time to lose the "baby" weight since the youngest is going into high school in the fall ;-) Best to you! good for hubby for being an encouragement - mine just told me this morning that he can tell that my efforts are paying off!
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Well done for getting through the week, and it's great to hear you have support.

New here too and off to a good start, I like using the tools here mainly because I'm not really thinking of what i'm doing as a diet. I don't do too well on restrictive diets! So if I fancy something nice, I'll have it and count the calories. It does help me not to go over the top though. Equally, if I do go over my allowance, I dont beat myself up, just move on and at the moment it's working.

5lb off in my first week. Here's to more successful week's for everyone!
  • babygyrl0913
    Options
    thanks to eveyone for your supposrt and inspirational words. Now lets work it and lose this weight!!! lol
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    Totally agree, take your measurements monthly, invest in a heart monitor and weigh in weekly. I see more results in my monthly measurements most of the time!