breakfast buffet

Options
My husband wants me to go to breakfast with him this morning at a buffet. He goes every weekend and I choose not to. I really don't want to go because it is soooo difficult to keep things under control in an environment like that, and I don't want to pay the price to eat just a few small items. I don't think he really understands...... Frustrated!

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    just eat the good things. Lots of fruits some eggs and whole wheat toast. maybe a piece of turkey bacon if they have it.

It's hard and he should support you in your efforts
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My guy piles on the sausage and breads. I chose to go for the more natural stuff. Scrambled eggs, topped with some raw mushroom, black olives and some salsa. They generally have lots of fruit choices also and the salad bar is generally filled up also. I go and I enjoy the time with my guy and I do my best to stay within my plan. Give it a try. The choices are all yours. :smile:
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had to do the same thing a few weeks ago during Mother's Day. Even though I AM a mother, I had no choice in it, everyone else wanted to go (go figure). So I ended up eating scrambled eggs, and mostly fresh fruit. I think I had a slice of bacon too.
  • duddadu
    duddadu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's OK to go out and have fun! That is what makes life worth living. So I say, go the the breakfast, have a sausage and a slice of bacon. Have that slice of pizza!

Then go for a walk, ride a bike, go for a swim... Move around. Reward yourself for being healthy!!
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    just eat the good things. Lots of fruits some eggs and whole wheat toast. maybe a piece of turkey bacon if they have it.

Great suggestion. You have to try and make the right decisions with whats put in front of you. And also, because this should be about changing your life you have to understand that you will be put in these situations and you will learn how to manage. (its a learning process, but you will learn) Maybe tell him, that youll go with him, but when it comes time to dinner he needs to be supportive becaue (if you eat alot for breakfast) you need to stay at your calorie goal. Also if you eat a little more than you wanted to, breakfast is the most desirable place to do so right? you have all day to try and burn some of it off. Try not to be too fustrated. You can do it. =)
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I feel your pain. Hubby and his family are big eaters and we go to buffets now and then....Ugh, horrible for me! I feel so bad them paying for me and spending that much money, for me to go in and eat a little fruit or a salad or something. It's definitely hard. It's also hard because you're in this ALL YOU CAN EAT enviroment where it's all about eating a lot.
    Just go and eat a bit of what you can eat...salad stuff, proteins, fruits, and pat yourself on the back when you're done for not going nuts! :) That's what I do! I used to gobble it up at those places, but I'm glad I can walk by the island of muffins and cinnamon rolls and sweets and just keep going now. :)
  • hofmabb
    hofmabb Posts: 9
    Options
    Buffets are really rough to get through.... What helps me is to make a pass around the tables and do not put anything in your plate. Then go around and make the best possible choices you can make. Eat slowly and drink lots of water. I refuse to not enjoy peoples company by not going out to dinner or buffets just because I'm making a choice to eat healthier. I sometimes eat things that are not so healthy for me, but you know what.... I say.... That's ok and I still have thre rest of the day and to continue making good choices,,,, it's only one meal.....
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Don't think about the money. Just go. There are healthy things to eat there too, and it'll make you stronger to be around all those foods and choose the healthy options. Plus you'll get to have breakfast with your husband. :smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

Great suggestion. You have to try and make the right decisions with whats put in front of you. And also, because this should be about changing your life you have to understand that you will be put in these situations and you will learn how to manage. (its a learning process, but you will learn) Maybe tell him, that youll go with him, but when it comes time to dinner he needs to be supportive becaue (if you eat alot for breakfast) you need to stay at your calorie goal. Also if you eat a little more than you wanted to, breakfast is the most desirable place to do so right? you have all day to try and burn some of it off. Try not to be too fustrated. You can do it. =)

Could not have said it better myself. It is about making the right choices no matter where you are. You can't hide forever and going out in these situations is a great test of how far you have come.