Afraid of falling off the wagon long term, need support

Options
Ever single time up to now I've lost weight, I've given up and gained it back. I'm so afraid this time will be no different. After a weekend of indulgences, I'm 3lbs up on the scale. I'm really worried of losing my momentum. I could really use some support/motivation right now...

Replies

• Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello there sister! I've just had terrible weekend! Up 2 pounds this morning. Do something really positive like a work out or a run or whatever you enjoy doing. Back on track as soon as you can, log your indulgences and leave them behind you! You didn't gain all your weight in 1 weekend!
    Plus remember that those 3 pounds are probably just water retention from your indulgences, it's not real, back on track and they'll be gone again just as quick. :)
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Log it and look forwards, not back. A day, a weekend, even a month will fade into nothing as you move forwards. It is only the current moment where we are alive, and happily we can choose how to live in every single moment. Even when it feels like times are bad, when your willpower is exhausted, when it's a bloody Monday, when the frozen smoothie(Lies it's still ice cream) that should not have been brought is whispering like a snake, the choice and power are still your own.

Whatever happens, you can find the will and do better for yourself. And when we do not, then they are learning moments. Eventually the days that were good so outnumber the bad that there is no pain, anguish or worry about the odd meal or day gone wrong, just a shrug, a smile and the next step.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Good advice above.

I'm determined to keep off the weight this time, too, and I think mastering what you do after a gain is super important. I think it's the best thing I've learned over this past year. Anyone can lose weight for a short period of time, but the real test is keeping it off and that is what I intend to do.

Three real pounds of weight gain are 10,500 calories above your maintenance calories. Do you think you ate that much over the weekend? If not, then get right back on your horse, keep logging and you will see it come off in a few days. Whatever you do, do not give up!
  • katiepaff
    katiepaff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'm just really afraid of losing my motivation and giving up, because that's what I've done before every other time. I'm afraid of stopping caring. I don't want to give up before I reach my goal, I KNOW I'll regret it. I just tend to quit everything I start in life when it gets too hard. I'm not very good at following through. This time, I want it to be different.