Is anyone on herbal life?

Options
hi guys im new to this group. I have been on herbal life since june of this yr, and i love it. its very simple and easy; especially for those who are busy between work,school, being a parent, etc. But i keep cheating on my meals, I love sweets.

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    If I tell you I'm not, are you going to tell me where I can get it?

In all seriousness, if you are binge-ing, or cheating... it's likely because you are not eating enough.

What is your daily calorie intake?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    kzelaya26 wrote: »
    hi guys im new to this group. I have been on herbal life since june of this yr, and i love it. its very simple and easy; especially for those who are busy between work,school, being a parent, etc. But i keep cheating on my meals, I love sweets.

Then my advice would be to stop wasting your money on it. You can figure out your calorie goal here and budget a bit of sweets in there. For free!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Then my advice would be to stop wasting your money on it. You can figure out your calorie goal here and budget a bit of sweets in there. For free!

qft
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If you are "cheating" on you meals, is it really working for you? I have been eating ice cream every night for over a week, and still losing. There is no reason to deprive yourself of the things you love. You may have to consume less of it, but you can still have your sweets. Working these things into your diet seems to be a better idea than eating these things and then labelling it as "cheating," which could make you feel bad. Just my thoughts. Best of luck.
  • gabbrielle08
    gabbrielle08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to be on it but I've lost more weight not taking herbalife and doing my own thing than taking their products....but that's just me though.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The smell of the pills makes me gag.

If you are cheating on your meals, is it really working? Isn't it supposed to help suppress your appetite?

I just had a nice slice of key lime pie. I didn't "cheat". I made sure it fit into my calorie goal for the day. 31 lbs and still going strong and eating what I want.
  • kzelaya26
    kzelaya26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If I tell you I'm not, are you going to tell me where I can get it?

In all seriousness, if you are binge-ing, or cheating... it's likely because you are not eating enough.

What is your daily calorie intake?

Yes I agree I don't think I'm eating enough that s why I decided to get on mfp. My limit on here is 2000 . But that's a lot. You have to be a member to get a discount
  • kzelaya26
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    If you are "cheating" on you meals, is it really working for you? I have been eating ice cream every night for over a week, and still losing. There is no reason to deprive yourself of the things you love. You may have to consume less of it, but you can still have your sweets. Working these things into your diet seems to be a better idea than eating these things and then labelling it as "cheating," which could make you feel bad. Just my thoughts. Best of luck.

That's the problem I'll have cookies n cake lol, oooo ok, yes I was never a calorie counter but your saying as long as I stay within my calorie limit then I'm good?
  • kzelaya26
    Options
    I used to be on it but I've lost more weight not taking herbalife and doing my own thing than taking their products....but that's just me though.

What nutrition plan are you doing now
  • kzelaya26
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »

If you are cheating on your meals, is it really working? Isn't it supposed to help suppress your appetite?

I just had a nice slice of key lime pie. I didn't "cheat". I made sure it fit into my calorie goal for the day. 31 lbs and still going strong and eating what I want.

So the goal is to fit it into my calorie limit? Herbalife is the only thing that helped me lose weight but there are times I indulge in the sweets
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

So the goal is to fit it into my calorie limit? Herbalife is the only thing that helped me lose weight but there are times I indulge in the sweets

If you're losing weight, it's because you're in a calorie deficit. You can choose to do the calorie deficit without giving money to Herbalife.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

That's the problem I'll have cookies n cake lol, oooo ok, yes I was never a calorie counter but your saying as long as I stay within my calorie limit then I'm good?

Absolutely! Are you trying to lose weight? I saw you posted that your goal is 2000 cal, that seems a bit high for weight loss, but depending on how fast you want to lose, how big you are (both height and weight), and your age, it could be accurate. Calories for weight loss.

That being said, you may need to find balance in what you are eating. I lost weight while eating hotdogs and drinking wine for a week, but I was hungry all the time. Veggies are great to fill up on, they are low cal for the volume, proteins and fats tend to keep you feeling full longer. I eat a lot of great things throughout the day, and end the day with a treat.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Herbalife may have helped you get into a calorie deficit, but weight loss came from the deficit and not the shakes. The goal of all weight loss programs is simply to help you reduce your intake to the point that you lose weight. You should be able to fit sweets into your calorie limit from time to time, which reduces going crazy on them.
  • kzelaya26
    Options

Absolutely! Are you trying to lose weight? I saw you posted that your goal is 2000 cal, that seems a bit high for weight loss, but depending on how fast you want to lose, how big you are (both height and weight), and your age, it could be accurate. Calories for weight loss.

That being said, you may need to find balance in what you are eating. I lost weight while eating hotdogs and drinking wine for a week, but I was hungry all the time. Veggies are great to fill up on, they are low cal for the volume, proteins and fats tend to keep you feeling full longer. I eat a lot of great things throughout the day, and end the day with a treat.

Yes exactly, it is high, so I was thinking maybe 1500 cals instead, yes I will pay attention to my calories and eat more veggies thank you for your help
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Herballife is generally considered a pretty crappy product in the fitness industry set up on a MLM platform that scams members with false claims.
  • kzelaya26
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Herballife is generally considered a pretty crappy product in the fitness industry set up on a MLM platform that scams members with false claims.

• kzelaya26
    Options
  • jaltimore
    jaltimore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Herbalife makes a snack defender, it helps curb the sweet tooth, not something u need to take all the time, but maybe only when h need to. It's ok to occasionally indulge, it's called balance, but sounds like ur calorie count is high. Let me know if you need any help at all with your calorie counts.
  • kzelaya26
    Options
    ok i will be messaging you! thanks :)
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I drink the shakes in the morning (formula 1mixed with whey protein) when I need to rush out the door, but I don't follow their plan at all. I calorie count and the shakes are just a means of taking in calories and filling me up in the morning.
    For me the shakes are a convenience but not a crutch. My friend followed the plan religiously, and yes she lost a ton quickly, but when she had to switch from the 2 shakes a day plan to the 1 a day it caused her a lot of anxiety learning to balance things out and add calories.