My goal is to lose a stone before Christmas!

Options
Naomii4
Naomii4 Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys, I've set myself a goal to loose one stone before Christmas. If anyone has a goal to loose a certain amount before Christmas, please feel free to add me because I'd love to help and support anyone to make it happen!

Would love to achieve this together :)

Replies

• christinasoonmrsnewton
    Options
    Me too. Want to lose my 2nd stone x
  • ellymay01
    ellymay01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.5 stone so far want to lose another half stone by Christmas
  • MrsWashington82
    MrsWashington82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a stone is but I would like to lose the 14 lbs I gained back from over eating through out the summer, before Xmas.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 2 stone (28lbs) by Christmas. I've lost 90 so far in less than 6 months so I know it's possible! It's also starting to get cold though and it makes working out less desirable.
  • siaminxx
    siaminxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose at least 10 lbs by Christmas! :)
  • sanramseg
    sanramseg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would like to lose between 8-12 lbs
    Eating well and daily exercise
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    5 lbs by Christmas is my goal !!!!
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5-10 lbs if all goes according to plan.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a stone is but I would like to lose the 14 lbs I gained back from over eating through out the summer, before Xmas.

A stone equals 14 pounds. The Brits use this unit, but we never adopted the term in the states. I am not sure about its usage in the other former colonies.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Unless one is very obese, a stone by Christmas is not a healthy or sustainable goal. December 25th is less than 6 weeks away and would require losing more than two pounds a week. Losing more than two pounds a week would require you to eat almost 1200 calories under your TDEE. So if you are a woman you would need to have a TDEE of 2400 calories to begin with, and then eat only 1200 calories. Most people under 200 pounds have a very difficult time eating any where near 50% of their TDEE. And eating below 1200 calories for a female or 1500 for a male can have serious health consequences.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose 5 to 10 lbs.
  • alicecundick123
    alicecundick123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for 10 lbs :)
  • Anustrt4me
    Anustrt4me Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 5-8 pounds by Christmas. Fingers Crossed and saying many prayers and working my bum off!
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 3-5 lbs by Christmas
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Unless one is very obese, a stone by Christmas is not a healthy or sustainable goal. December 25th is less than 6 weeks away and would require losing more than two pounds a week. Losing more than two pounds a week would require you to eat almost 1200 calories under your TDEE. So if you are a woman you would need to have a TDEE of 2400 calories to begin with, and then eat only 1200 calories. Most people under 200 pounds have a very difficult time eating any where near 50% of their TDEE. And eating below 1200 calories for a female or 1500 for a male can have serious health consequences.

+1
  • Tezah
    Tezah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im hoping to lose 30 by New Years, lets see what happens.
  • sharlaaisha
    sharlaaisha Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm also working my way through fitness and clean eating to shed a stone for the Xmas period. I'm in 100%.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Thanks for doing the math Dani!
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

+1

Yup :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Tezah wrote: »
    Im hoping to lose 30 by New Years, lets see what happens.

THAT is not going to happen unless your starting weight is like, 400lbs or more.