I need all of the help I can get....

Options
I have tried dieting in the past, and have never reached my goal. Doing something wrong. I can be motivated though - I lost 35 pounds during my last pregnancy. I was doing what was best for my unborn child. Once she was born (happy and healthy) the motivation was gone. I am hoping that I will find the support/inspiration on myfitnesspal.

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to MFP! Feel free to friend me if you want. :)
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a similar story. I actually lost weight during my pregnancy (until the last 2 months or so) but then I ballooned afterwards. I've tried several times to count calories and work out, but I get discouraged when I don't see any results after a week or so. I've been on here for about a week and the people I've met are amazing. They are so encouraging over even the smallest of victories. Feel free to friend me if you'd like to help each other stay on track. Good luck! =]
  • Apriljoynes
    Apriljoynes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have never been ble to loose more then a stone however its the first time I have been able to keep track of exercise and food without to much work this site has helped me so much, so if you need another friend feel free to add me I hope you stick with it its worth it!:smile:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You have definitely come to the right place... we are similar in that in a specific situation(like pregnancy or right afterwards) I was able to get the weight off, but was never able to KEEP it off until I came here...even though things don't always go as I wish or as quickly as I may want them to, IT DOES HAPPEN! I have learned since being here that slow and steady really does win the race and I'm glad, because I don't have to suffer the extra pressures of rushing myself, or telling myself that "I have to have this gone by next month!"...it usually leads to disappointment so I have learned to truly take my time, do this right, and to not have a fit when I have a 'slip-up' and I do have them more often than some may approve of, but the main thing is that I am doing this in a way that will keep me at it for LIFE, and not by a certain time...takes a TON of pressure off of the deal, so I believe that you can do this with the right perspective, plenty of motivation and support and all of the tools that you will find very helpful on this site. Welcome, and GO FOR IT GIRL, you can do this... much success on your journey and just make sure that you WORK IT!!!!:drinker:
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Everyone is SO wonderful. They offer such motivation, encouragement and are there to celebrate the little things that no one else would even think to celebrate about. Feel free to add me! Offering motivation and support!! :happy: congrats on making the choice to start to change your life for the better!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • CurlyLeslie
    CurlyLeslie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've only been a member for a week, too and already have felt the motivating and inspiring effects of being an MFP member. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm a mom to three myself so I know how hard it can be to lose weight when you're busy with kids.
    Leslie
  • Vauny
    Vauny Posts: 6
    Options
    Been on here just a week also...and the support and motivation is on mfp is worth it. My sister got me hooked on it...I was just doing it for her (cause I hate telling her no to anything! :) BUT glad i did. Weight loss is hard...that's why so many people struggle with it but Im sure you can do it. As the expression goes, you know what doesnt work....now find out what does. Joining MFP is a great way to start figuring that out! Feel free to friend me if you can put up with me and my favorite expressions! And hang in there...you havent failed until you quit trying. Take care and good luck! V
  • LaineyBreed
    LaineyBreed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Saw your message on my sisters board- great work so far! Hope you meet your goal, you're doing great!