The fat policeman finds Quorn!!

Options
Hmmm Well I've had two bad weeks but that's the joy of being an emotional stress eater.. however I'm not a vegetarian by design but discovered just how great Quorn actually is.... Tonight I tried the Quorn Lasagne and its low in pretty much everything (except Salt)
I have to admit.. I've become a bit of a fan of it... its high in protein and low in fats, cholesterol... I'm sold...

So what other foods have you all discovered.. I'm thinking about the foods which fill you up for AGES.... do share :smiley:8ol4fiv36kqy.jpg

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Literally any food high in protein and/or fat. In most people, these foods tend to be very satiating and help you feel fuller for longer. Dietary fats have been proven to not be bad for you as long as they fit with your calorie goals. Fats are essential to daily functioning, and science has finally proven that they are not responsible for fat gain as previously thought.

Not trying to be flippant, just stating the obvious answer first.
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For me, a meal that contains a decent amount of kidney beans washed down with a glass of whole milk and I'm pretty much done for the day :D .
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The quorn (fridge) sausages are beautiful. You may also like Linda McCartney Mozzarella burgers. The quoin mince (which they use in the lasagne) is really quick to cook, can be used with anything and is filling. One of my fav quick meals is Quorn mince with some peel plum tomatoes and basil with a poached egg on top.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    First time I've heard of this, sounds interesting, willing to try,

Thanks!
  • elizabethb8585
    elizabethb8585 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

I... *squints eyes*... umm... did I miss something? Did anyone say it was?
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I remember trying quorn years ago and being surprised that it was actually tasty... will have a look tomorrow when I grocery shop
  • elizabethb8585
    elizabethb8585 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    No, sorry. Someone asked about whether it is vegetarian, so I was just providing some information about it. I apologize for the confusion.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I eat quorn mince all the time it tastes great and soo much lower in fat than beef mince!
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm making a Quorn chilli con carne tonight. I eat meat but I find it's tasty and you can cook it from frozen. I love Quorn burgers topped with hallomi cheese.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    My OH is veggie and has recently tried the Quorn range as he's trying to cut down on soya products; it's a great alternative. We buy him Quorn sausages and the southern fried 'chicken' pieces which he really likes; he's also tried one of their pies and the burgers, can't remember the names but he enjoyed them too. For a quick meal it's easy to add something like potato wedges, chips and/or baked beans to these, along with loads of healthy veggies like carrots, broccoli, spring greens, sweetcorn and/or peas. Some nights he has a home-made vegan meal with me, filling winter meals like veg and pulse casseroles, lentil shepherd's pie and spag bols made with soya mince, or a vegan macaroni cheese made with smoked soya cheese and silken tofu instead of dairy cheese and egg.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Prefer beef but quorn is ok ..ish
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Is it usually available in US grocery stores or do you have to go to a specialty store?
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    Is it usually available in US grocery stores or do you have to go to a specialty store?

It's located in the "frozen vegetarian" section of all groceries stores I've been to in the US.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I eat quorn mince all the time it tastes great and soo much lower in fat than beef mince!

They can't really be compared as Quorn mince is so much lower in protein than beef mince.

I understand non meat eaters eating it but as a meat eater I'd choose turkey mince or 5% fat beef mince any day. I think it is worth the extra calories.