Looking for sober friends or people trying to stay sober.

Options
Names Tyson.
I struggle with alcohol abuse.
I am looking for sober or people trying to stay sober, ya know , one day at a time kinda thing.
I am not a full blown alcoholic, but I do have a drinking problem .
About twice a week I drink , but it's not good for me. Since I was 11 I have been abusing alcohol (3yrs clean of of hard drugs, been to rehab twice)
But alcohol is destroying my body now, my liver/pancreas/ and left kidney aren't doing well, plus my cholesterol is high.. I'm only 21.. Go figure eh...
I'm looking for motivational
Healthy
Happy?
Friends.
So yeah, if you could help me I need to lose weight , I need to be positive and have my life back.
•namaste•

Replies

• thywillbedone17
    thywillbedone17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    61 days here brother
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Two and a half years sober here. Best thing I ever did. Also makes keeping the weight off much, much easier.
  • thywillbedone17
    thywillbedone17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • achocolateaffair
    achocolateaffair Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just got a year! One day at a time. Sometimes an hour at a time. And it made losing weight 75% easier!
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tyson, hopefully any complications you're experiencing will reverse themselves once you control your alcohol intake. I'm sure you'll notice any excess weight will come off easier as well. Take it one day at a time. You can do it! The right support is key.
  • ktripathi992
    ktripathi992 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    35 days sober brother. One day at a time. And lost 4 kgs. I'm highly motivated now.
    Just give it a try. Its hard initially but with each passing day you become stronger and feel motivated.

You have my full support. All the best bro.
  • Cag_a_taY
    Cag_a_taY Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyson,

Opening a topic like this and giving info about yourself so open heartedly is a thing to appriciate and be proud of yourself.

I wish all the best for y'all. I believe there is nothing you can't do, if you really want it..
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Just got to 26 years sober. I did not drink yesterday, I will not drink today.
  • dowtwo2
    dowtwo2 Posts: 9 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    thirteen years my friend. When I stopped drinking I started packing on the pounds. Might I suggest AA...
  • heyjudehubbard
    heyjudehubbard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    35 yrs clean/sober here. So glad you reached out Tyson. One day at a time, you can do this!
  • TysonKing9901
    TysonKing9901 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing everyone. Proud of you all. Really helps motivate me!
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    Tyson! You are one brave strong young man to open up like this and share your story.

I've never been to rehab but I also abused alcohol since teen age. Used to even steal my grandpa's home made spirits. Working in hospitality made me drink every day. Later problems with my partner made me drink even secretly alone at home. Been into drugs too but I wouldn't say it was too bad. Tho I am still tempted. And I am scared I'd go back to crazy party life. I left the country where my life got so screwed.

But I believe in mysef so I believe in you.
    Xxx
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Tyson for putting yourself out there and trying to get healthy! I've never had a problem with alcohol or drugs but I am 50 years old and I'm here to tell you that you can live an awesome, fun, exciting and happy life without them! I travel, Igo to parties, I dance, I go out to hear music and I don't need even one drink to do it! Picture your life healthy and happy and you might not even miss it. Just view yourself as someone who chooses not to drink alcohol and be that person! (I know it's not that easy but it feels great when you can do it!)
  • neandrealee
    neandrealee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Names Tyson.
    I struggle with alcohol abuse.
    I am looking for sober or people trying to stay sober, ya know , one day at a time kinda thing.
    I am not a full blown alcoholic, but I do have a drinking problem .
    About twice a week I drink , but it's not good for me. Since I was 11 I have been abusing alcohol (3yrs clean of of hard drugs, been to rehab twice)
    But alcohol is destroying my body now, my liver/pancreas/ and left kidney aren't doing well, plus my cholesterol is high.. I'm only 21.. Go figure eh...
    I'm looking for motivational
    Healthy
    Happy?
    Friends.
    So yeah, if you could help me I need to lose weight , I need to be positive and have my

Congratulations Tyson
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Im here tyson to help stopped drinkijg at 21 since my meds didnt do well and now i stay away if we can do it you can
  • tronrulez
    tronrulez Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering alcoholic. I'm only 3 months sober. I was an alcoholic for 8 years STRONG!!! ruined my life, my wallet, my relationships and my stomach and intestines... But the struggle was real. I can now look at alcohol n not even flinch about wanting some. But it took a lot to get to that point. 2 years of actually trying to stop. Till one day my efforts worked. I'd like to be friends if you want to as well.
  • CherryBerry0611
    CherryBerry0611 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first steps to a healthy you!
  • shannononcapecod
    Options
    I'm 14 years sober! Life is soooo much better sober but it sucks in the beginning for everyone. Go to AA
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    9 years on Feb 3 - life is better now. Much better. Like, seriously better. When I hit the end and quit, walking across a parking lot was strenuous. Now a 5 mile run isn't any big deal. I actually weigh more now than when I stopped, but that's because I'm healthy now. In the two years after I quit, I gained a LOT of weight, mostly after I subsequently quit smoking too. Have since lost 30-40 pounds (depends on the time of year) and keeping it in check.

Getting sober is hard. Staying sober is easy once you figure out how to live again. Don't pine for the past - go find a new future.