Need Motivation

Options
Hey! So basically no one in my life either cares/struggles/commits to eating healthy. I really need some motivation to eat healthy and not give in to temptation. I've been eating considerably healthier than I used to but I'm still not losing weight.

Help!

Replies

• kristirobinson1
    kristirobinson1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is great :) but eating the right calories while eating healthy foods is the kicker. The goal is to eat whatever mfp has allotted for you in calories and stay in your macros. Eating healthy will definitely allow you to eat more since they are usually less calories. But eating indefinite amounts of veggies with no regard for calorie intake and output will not help you lose weight
  • JustCallMeTes
    JustCallMeTes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind that it takes time :) In addition to eating healthier, you must give your body to adjust. It takes a while to start seeing changes on the scale. But don't give up! It's all about the journey
  • xosarahduh
    xosarahduh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I need someone to hold me accountable!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    . . . . and don't forget . . . . use a scale to measure ALL solids, and cups for liquids. They increase accuracy hugely!! We're notoriously bad at eyeballing portions.
  • Letsdothis1984
    Letsdothis1984 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    xosarahduh wrote: »
    Thank you! I need someone to hold me accountable!

Work on holding yourself accountable. No one is going to be there when it's 10pm and you want a snack. No one knows you as good as you know you. Once you start holding yourself accountable for your actions you'll start eating healthy and losing weight.

I would also suggest a goal and I don't mean a weight loss goal. Set some fitness or lifting goals. It will push you to get into the gym.