Simple toning exercises?

Options
what are some easy toning exercises I can do a few times a week to tone my stomach and butt? how many and how often to see a difference?

Replies

• FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Get an AB WHEEL it kills!! Simple Squats.. will work for the butt
  • nmcgowan622
    nmcgowan622 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Get an AB WHEEL it kills!! Simple Squats.. will work for the butt

how many squats do i have to do each day or every other day to see a difference?
  • FrankWhite27330
    Options
    Got dumbells or any weights? I would say a few sets every other day u will notice a change in a few weeks
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Toning muscle is not a real thing. You have 3 real choices to change your body.

1. Eat at a deficit to lose weight while lifting weights and eating adequate protein to preserve muscle while you lose fat.

2. Eat at a surplus to gain weight while lifting weights to and eating adequate protein to gain muscle mass while keeping fat gain to a minimum

3. Eat at maintenance while lifting weights and eating adequate protein to maintain your weight while very very slowly gaining muscle while losing fat.

• FrankWhite27330
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

1. Eat at a deficit to lose weight while lifting weights and eating adequate protein to preserve muscle while you lose fat.

2. Eat at a surplus to gain weight while lifting weights to and eating adequate protein to gain muscle mass while keeping fat gain to a minimum

3. Eat at maintenance while lifting weights and eating adequate protein to maintain your weight while very very slowly gaining muscle while losing fat.

That did not help with the Ops question. K thanks

• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Yeah it did, those are the only options to 'tone up' :)
  • AJ_G
    edited November 2015
    Options

Yea, cause spreading knowledge is just the worst. My answer will help her more than yours can.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    There are no "toning" exercises. You're either resistance training or not. "Toning" was created to deceive females (back in the early commercialized fitness days) into lifting weights with out calling it lifting weights.
    If you're speaking of reducing fat for more definition of your current muscle, then that's more about calorie deficit than exercising.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nmcgowan622
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight back so I can't really cut down on calories but I don't want the weight to just go to my stomach like it seems to do and if it does I'd like to know the best exercises for abs I guess.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight back so I can't really cut down on calories but I don't want the weight to just go to my stomach like it seems to do and if it does I'd like to know the best exercises for abs I guess.

The point that a couple knowledgeable and helpful posters have made above is that no exercise will keep the weight from going to your stomach. Our body deposits/sheds fat according to our genetics. Exercise works the muscles underneath, but you can't exercise fat. As others have said, there's no such thing as "toning". Here's a great article that's worth reading because it specifically addresses your questions: aworkoutroutine.com/muscle-tone/
  • AJ_G
    Options

Then just make sure you gain weight as slowly as you can and that you're lifting while you're gaining weight.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Look at something like
    You are your own gym
    Convict conditioning
    Or Nerdfitness

They are basically body weight exercises that you can progress with and do at home.

• TheUnbroken
    TheUnbroken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AJ_G is correct
  • Tanyareyes072
    Tanyareyes072 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How can I loose belly fat quick
  • nmcgowan622
    Options
    thanks everyone for the advice!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    How can I loose belly fat quick
    Liposuction. Pretty instantaneous.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Tanyareyes072
    Tanyareyes072 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to work out
  • TheUnbroken
    TheUnbroken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to work out

Unfortunately you cannot target fat areas. The only way to lose fat is to eat at a calorie deficit. It takes time though, how much depends on your deficit. More than 2 pounds a week lost and you will also lose muscle mass
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I want to work out
    Then it won't be quick.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png