My goal is to lose a stone before Christmas!

Options
2»

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Id like to lose 7 lbs... Want to get to my weight before I had baby #3.... Speaking of do any of you other ladies measure your weight loss by before child 1,2,3 etc lol? I know I have! I love was pre baby #6,#5,#4 and next #3!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't set myself timed goals, but I'd like to be 170 something lbs starting next year. I'm now at around 186lbs.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm just going for 5 lbs.
  • rearawr
    rearawr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am aiming 7 lbs. Or, At least squeeze into my old jeans.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 10 pounds by Christmas
  • ABHY7
    ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If I can shift 5lbs I'll be delighted!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Unless one is very obese, a stone by Christmas is not a healthy or sustainable goal. December 25th is less than 6 weeks away and would require losing more than two pounds a week. Losing more than two pounds a week would require you to eat almost 1200 calories under your TDEE. So if you are a woman you would need to have a TDEE of 2400 calories to begin with, and then eat only 1200 calories. Most people under 200 pounds have a very difficult time eating any where near 50% of their TDEE. And eating below 1200 calories for a female or 1500 for a male can have serious health consequences.
    Agreed!
    misskarne wrote: »
    Tezah wrote: »
    Im hoping to lose 30 by New Years, lets see what happens.

THAT is not going to happen unless your starting weight is like, 400lbs or more.
    Exactly.

Why are some do hellbent on losing weight the unhealthy way? *shakes head*

• FunkyMonkey80
    FunkyMonkey80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'll be very happy to lose 5-6 lbs by Dec. 25th
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Unless one is very obese, a stone by Christmas is not a healthy or sustainable goal. December 25th is less than 6 weeks away and would require losing more than two pounds a week. Losing more than two pounds a week would require you to eat almost 1200 calories under your TDEE. So if you are a woman you would need to have a TDEE of 2400 calories to begin with, and then eat only 1200 calories. Most people under 200 pounds have a very difficult time eating any where near 50% of their TDEE. And eating below 1200 calories for a female or 1500 for a male can have serious health consequences.

At the time she made the post, Christmas was 7 full weeks away... that's a 2 lb per week loss. You'd have to be pretty disciplined, but it's definitely healthy and sustainable.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

At the time she made the post, Christmas was 7 full weeks away... that's a 2 lb per week loss. You'd have to be pretty disciplined, but it's definitely healthy and sustainable.

Considering the OP only has 13 pounds until she reaches her goal, a 2lb/week loss is pretty aggressive and is likely not achievable, healthy, or sustainable.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Considering the OP only has 13 pounds until she reaches her goal, a 2lb/week loss is pretty aggressive and is likely not achievable, healthy, or sustainable.

I didn't realize she was so close to her goal weight. That changes things a bit :)