Stomach issues

Options
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get rid of excess stomach fat via exercise or diet changes? Thanks

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Yep... fill out your mfp goals, set your rate of loss to 1lb or .5lbs a week, eat the calorie goals it gives you, log all of your food accurately by weighing everything solid and measuring all liquids, and be patient.

Nothing will cause you to lose fat in one specific area. You have to lower your overall bodyfat percentage and eventually your body will get around to losing it from your genetically and hormonally predetermined problem areas.

Additionally, exercising one area will not make you lose fat their either. If you choose to exercise, exercise for overall health and let your caloric deficit deal with the fat loss.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I've personally found that building muscle in the region (and I mean building the back, glutes and abdomen via weight lifting) helped me be way happier with my stomach even though there was still some fat. But in general, eat at a deficit, and your body fat % will decrease (especially if you lift weights too)
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I've personally found that building muscle in the region (and I mean building the back, glutes and abdomen via weight lifting) helped me be way happier with my stomach even though there was still some fat. But in general, eat at a deficit, and your body fat % will decrease (especially if you lift weights too)

Yep! Building muscle in your upper half and lower half makes your stomach and waist look smaller... and building muscle burns more calories! Which will reduce stomach fat. Yay! What a happy cycle!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    At the top of each section of the forums you'll find a stickied post labeled as "must reads." You should check them out. You'll find great posts like this one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • lanyona742
    lanyona742 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That's super helpful