Sauces/condiments

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
Does anyone else have a hard time remembering to add the small stuff? If I use sugar, creamer, ketchup, ranch...etc and I use less than the serving size, I often forget to add it to my diary. I know it adds up but I don't use these things daily by any means. But, these are things that I know how much the serving size is and usually am under it (ex: serving size is 20 for a packet of sugar and I use 1/2).

Does anyone have any tips to remember to add these small numbers?

Replies

• Tressa_T
    Tressa_T Posts: 19
    Options
    I make a lot of the things i eat in "recipes" then i can just add the recipes to my food diary that way all the condiments and stuff are already there.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I think if it is a food you always eat in the same way. Like this many grams, with this much sugar, and this ammount fo soemthing else.. i just make it a food and include everything that goes into the meal in it!
    For example when i have tea i measure it out.. i always have 80 ish ml of milk and 3 sweetners...
    So i have a food "Sweet white tea" and there all included in the calories and other stats!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Well, I use the smartphone app, so that I always have the calorie tracker at hand (phone is always in my pocket), and I add everything before it goes into my mouth - it's that simple. This way I don't miss anything.

For sauces/sugar, I usually go for the serving size (1 tbl spoon), or half of it since you can do ratios (there will be a margin of error anyway).

Now if I see that some specific food is 1 or 2 cals, I usually don't bother logging it after that (I don't log my "diet coke" cans of which I have one or two a day)...
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a hard time remembering to add the small stuff? If I use sugar, creamer, ketchup, ranch...etc and I use less than the serving size, I often forget to add it to my diary. I know it adds up but I don't use these things daily by any means. But, these are things that I know how much the serving size is and usually am under it (ex: serving size is 20 for a packet of sugar and I use 1/2).

Does anyone have any tips to remember to add these small numbers?
    Nope, but only because I don't like ketchup and only use mustard when cooking so it would go into a recipe. I drink mostly water these days , so no added sugars except every so often.