Flexibility to prevent binges

Options
For some reason the past few days I have been hungrier than usual. Instead of wrestling with myself to keep the deficit I have set up, I've been eating at maintenance for a few days.
While I won't lose during this time, the added flexibility has prevented a binge so I won't gain and destroy the progress I have already made.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic method :]
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Very smart!
  • CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good :) I know for a fact I will go over my calories every single weekend, so I allow myself a different amount at weekends. So that way I can have what I fancy and enjoy life but still be in control.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm losing at a super slow pace just because of this reason! I let myself eat over my calories a little bit just to prevent binges from happening. It's the perfect technique, I think. :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    good plan :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Fantastic plan.

I go into maintenance for a couple of days every 5-10lbs lost, or during TOM.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,972 Member
    Options
    For some reason the past few days I have been hungrier than usual. Instead of wrestling with myself to keep the deficit I have set up, I've been eating at maintenance for a few days.
    While I won't lose during this time, the added flexibility has prevented a binge so I won't gain and destroy the progress I have already made.

Are you hungrier because you are premenstrual? I eat at maintenance for a few days then.
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've already decided to eat at maintenance for 2 weeks through Christmas. I feel I'll do better with a plan and I'm still going to log.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Are you hungrier because you are premenstrual? I eat at maintenance for a few days then.

LOL no.

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have just finished doing the same thing. It started off as one slightly off track day (which I still logged) which I decided to extend to a slightly off-track two weeks. Just deciding to be ok with it and taking charge of it made all the difference.

I now feel refreshed and recharged to carry on.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Very smart.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Very, very smart. You're controlling modestly increased intake instead of losing control and eating with abandon.