help!!if i went wayyy over on my calories...

Options
and i exercise until it says i burned them off, could i still lose weight? i guess im saying, could i make it so that those extra calories dont count?

Replies

• mimzy123
    Options
    and i exercise until it says i burned them off, could i still lose weight? i guess im saying, could i make it so that those extra calories dont count?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    that is the idea behind exercise, so you can enjoy foods you like every now and then and not make your butt bigger the point is you went over and you did something to counteract instead of sitting on the couch and watching tv and eatting even more so good job!
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    i think as long as you burn more than you eat ........you can eat whatever you want!!!!!!

course the more you eat the more exersize you have to do. so its good not to do it too often or you wont be able to keep up with all the calories you have to burn. i overeat now and then and burn them off too. and i lost 9 1/2 pounds since the beginning of the year. so it must work!!! good luck!
  • cottrell22
    Options
    Going over your allotted calories every once in a while is ok. It takes more than one day to ruin everything. And experts say it's good to have a cheat day or meal, but do be careful on how often you do it. As on the site fitwatch.com, there is an article about how all calories are not created equal: http://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/all-calories-arent-created-equal-157.html

Exercising is deffinately good for you and helps you to be able to splurge more than if you didn't. I love entering my daily exercise into the site and watching my allowed calorie count go up!!
    Keep up the good work!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yes. If you exercise enough, you will cancel out the extra calories and still lose weight. MFP factors in a deficit already.......so if at the end of the day, you have eaten (and factored in exercise cals) the number of calories that MFP recommends, you should still lose. You are in the right mindset.