Hello & Help

Options
Hi I'm Lillian. I've been on this journey for a long time now. Start & stop that's how I would describe myself. I recently purchased a Fitbit and it really has helped me see how little I'm moving! It also has shown me how competive I am :) The challenges have gotten me out and moving again. I love the changes I see in my body & attitude!

Replies

• Clarissaexplainseverything
    Options
    Do you think the fit bit is worth the investment? I've thought about getting one but I'm on the fence.
  • hopekristal
    hopekristal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Boy can I relate to your stop/start. That how I feel I am with MFP. I do well with the training part but the nutrition I need to get in check. I eat out of boredom, as a reward and for comfort. I generally do well but I know I could really improve in this department.

I have lost between 50-60 lbs. over the last 4 years. I started by religiously following Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I did it every single day for the 30 days and followed the meal plan in the accompanying book. It took the guesswork out of what to eat and what exercises to do. It actually made it easy. I just did what she told me. I lost 12 lbs. in the first month and felt invincible!!

Then I was motivated to keep going since I had a jump start. I still ate some of the meals I liked from her meal plan and starting experimenting with food. I started training for a 5k and still doing her video on the days I didn't run. The rest is history.

Maybe that could work for you. I kept telling myself it was just for 30 days. The video itself was setup in warm-up/cool-down with 3 circuits, total time is a 1/2 hr. The first circuit always sucked, the second one I told myself I had only one more to go and it got me through.