How much weight is usually gained on a period?

Options
2»

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates each month. I have some months where I gain just 1lb then months where I gain 4.

This
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    5-10 lbs, depending on the month. I try to stay away from the scale. It drops off very dramatically over 48 hours at the end.
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Around ovulation I tend to go up 1-3lbs then it drops

The day of my period I go up 1-5lbs that lasts a couple of days then it drops again

This is me. I have noticed the increase around ovulation as well. Took me a few cycles to clue into why I was seeing a mid cycle gain. I am happy to see that I am not the only one! Invariably, it happens on a weigh-in day too :P
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Depends on how much chocolate I inhale ;)
    Usually 2-3 lbs but drops back down a few days later.

Eta: the rest of my post that disappeared.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Whenever I gain 2-3 lbs overnight with no explanation, I know my period will be starting within a couple of days. That happened Sunday, and sure enough this morning it started. I usually avoid the scale until about 2 days afterwards and then my weight goes back down again.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I always gain 4-5 pounds on my period but it all goes away the minute my period ends.
    I also eat EVERYTHING on my period including cookies, bread, pudding, Hostess cakes, etc. It never hurts to indulge.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    5-10 lbs, depending on the month. I try to stay away from the scale. It drops off very dramatically over 48 hours at the end.

this for me as well
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,992 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Yoda-What-You-Did-There-See-It-I-Do.jpg
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 5 lbs. But my last period I gained 10 lbs! :o The weight gradually came off but you bet I was stressing because I gained so much weight!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well it depended just how *kitten* she got during the TOM. The worse it was the more I ate. ;)