Hello everyone

Hello!
Thank you for reading first of all. I've just turned 30 and had been a big girl all my life until aged 25 where I found something in me (which I need to find again) to lose 6 stone through good eating and exercise. I fit into size 12 clothing which I had never achieved before! It took me two and a half years - it was hard work but I found the whole process incredibly rewarding.

It didn't last long however. I moved in with my now husband and my job changed. I was eating the same portion sizes as my other half, way too many starchy carbs and now working in the evenings where I would normally go to classes. I used to do classes more than anything, was great socially and for accountability. Life was very different and I found myself trying to force new routines which still aren't working.

My goal is to fit into size 12 clothing again and find myself again. I have lost so much confidence through gaining this weight, my husband is incredibly supportive, but he's never struggled with his weight so he could never really fully understand deep down.

I'm looking for support and accountability, the kick up the backside sometimes

Replies

• LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Plan of action...

In September 2016 it's my sisters wedding in Italy so that certainly a goal to aim towards... size 12 by then! (Currently I'm a 16)

I plan on seeing a PT once every two weeks where he will do measurements. I will also weigh in and record on here my progress! I will aim to workout 2-3 other times in top and have a specific plan for the gym.

Drink more water. At least 2 litres a day to start. I have a litre water bottle to help with this.

Finally, reduce the amount of refined sugars in my diet. Too much has been creeping back into my diet which I know does not make me feel good.

• mmrie1
    mmrie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi lou lou! This is my first time ever posting something like this. But my sisters wedding is June 2016 and my goal is to be a size 6-8. I am only 5"1. I have put on about 50+ lbs in the past 3-4 years. I started watching my calories and bought a fit bit and I've lost 15 lbs in the last month and a half. I'm a size 12/14 now.
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Hello there!

We both have our sisters wedding to focus on then eeeek! 15 lbs is a brilliant start. Is it motivating you to keep going?!

I feel back at day one today, but I don't feel bad about that. I had a PT session this morning which was great and really constructive for my mind set.

All my meal are planned and I'm ready to go starting with drinking more water today. Small steps