Weight not budging...late 40s part of it.

Options
vibegirl
vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
just joined yesterday...loving the support and appreciating that I'm not alone with being frustrated! My best friend got me on here and I'm glad. Anyway....any other 40 somethings find the weight kind of sneaks up on you? Lol...ok I know sitting at a desk all day, and eating out of boredom is my main issue -yeah and I know better... But when younger I could lose 5 or more lbs much easier! Anyway...will be reading all the great stories...and hopefully learning a lot here.

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    welcome, we have a over 40 thread that you can join. Many of us will do our best to help you out! Enjoy the journey to a new you!

here is a HTML for the thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237557-40-club-summer-slimmers
  • vibegirl
    Options
    Thanks! Hopefully I will figure out where to find it...lol...never mind I see u added link...thanks :o)
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    WELCOME!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I'm going to be 45 this year and is it harder to lose weight at this age than 20 years ago. lol. You're not alone. There are many of us here. I'm happy to help support you. Feel free to add me as a friend.

And I'm going to get on that over-40 thread now too!

Ro
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I totally agree that it gets harder to lose when you are over 40 - part of the reason is women lose muscle as we age, so the best thing to counteract that is to incorporate some strength training in your routine - also good for maintaining bone density. It won't take weight off by itself, but it certainly helps in combination with a healthy diet and some cardio. Good luck and feel free to friend me :-)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We lose muscle as we age, mainly b/c our lifestyles change. We become much more sedentary, have spent yrs. eating crap, sitting at a desk/pushing kids in strollers.....it takes a toll on you, for sure. I watch my kids - they RUN everywhere they go. From one end of the house to the other, they get there by running. They never walk!

Anyway, you just have to make a concious effort and pay attention to your body and nutrition. Strength training is KEY for building muscle, which not only makes you look much better (and younger), but it helps you burn more calories all day, even at rest. It's not impossible. I'm fitter now than I ever was in my whole life, and I'll be 47 this yr, so if I can do it, believe me, anyone can.
  • vibegirl
    Options
    Ok. I'm feeling some hope! You look great....I was into weight training yrs ago...and always liked how I looked...I feel far away from that...but hey I'm 48 and not throwing in the towel! Thanks for being a source of inspiration