What's my activity level?

Options
Hey everybody,

I'm wondering how I should consider my activity level.

I have a part time job at an office 3-4 days a week, where I sit more often than not (about 6 hours.) I have another part time job as a shop assistent 1-2 days a week, where I move around the store carrying things, often up and down stairs. I'm also a student, so I spend a lot of time sitting and studying.

However, I almost always cycle to school and work, about 20 minutes each way. On weekends I cook and clean quite a bit, so I'm on my feet for a good deal of the day. I usually walk or run to do my groceries and errands (and take the bus back.)

How would you judge my activity level? I'm debating between sedentary and lightly active.

Please share your level, and justify! :)

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I would say go with lightly active and then adjust it higher or lower depending on how fast your rate of loss is.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Personally, given that is your norm, I'd pick lightly active. Do you use a fitness tracker at all? Something like a fitbit or something? If you do, I'd set it at sedentary and let the sync between the tracker and MFP pick up the slack.
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lightly active.
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Personally, given that is your norm, I'd pick lightly active. Do you use a fitness tracker at all? Something like a fitbit or something? If you do, I'd set it at sedentary and let the sync between the tracker and MFP pick up the slack.

Agreed. I work in an office too so I set mine to sedentary but on days where I'm more active, my fitbit adjusts it for me so I feel like I'm always pretty accurate.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Lightly active - but do not log the walking to the store, cycling to school/work as exercise. The lightly active opinion considers those. If you exercise additionally, log it and allow yourself extra calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'd say 1.6-2.0.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I agree, the walking and cycling is what's making you lightly active. Don't log those as exercise. I personally let my FitBit track most activity (even casual bike commuting -- which it honestly doesn't track super well, but if I ride a stationary bike at the gym then I'd log it).