need motivation! learning to run.

Options
I'm 26 yrs old and 45 lbs over weight. I'm 5'10" 221lbs and I am trying to figure out the whole running thing. I'm up to a 12 min mile in two weeks and I'm hoping things will get easier as I lose weight. I haven't utilized mfp for about 3 yrs and at that time I had lost 60 lbs and got pregnant do needles to say I'm starting fresh and looking for motivators. Add me if you can relate!

Replies

• KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I saw your post in the Motivation and Support and was hoping you can add me as a friend.
  • lmcginley02
    lmcginley02 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you I am in a very similar situation! I am also 26 and used to be a runner but I haven't done it in years. I could really stand to lose 50-70lbs. I just started easing into running and mfp again in the last couple weeks
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I used the c25k app and it was fantastic. Now I run 3-4 days a week and just graduated the 10k program. The structured program worked great for me and kept me motivated. Good luck!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I used the c25k app and it was fantastic. Now I run 3-4 days a week and just graduated the 10k program. The structured program worked great for me and kept me motivated. Good luck!

This! I personally used the Podrunner Intervals podcasts though, which follow the C25K program. :)
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you're on Facebook there are several running groups that are amazing. Two that I would recommend are Pathetic Runners and Women's Running Club. Both are very supportive and I've learned a lot from them.