Fitness trackers

Options
I really want a fitness tracker I want something that is waterproof. Does anyone have any suggestions that doesn't break the bank?

Replies

• kmorg14
    kmorg14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty half with my Garmin Vivofit. It is completely waterproof and syncs with a heart rate monitor chest strap.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've used the Garmin Vivofit 2 on and off for a few months now. It's waterproof so you don't have to worry about it getting wet, and the battery lasts a whole year so there is no need to charge it. Only thing I hate right now and the reason I'm not using it is the Garmin Connect App update is a mess, imho. I don't like the dark theme and the info is just all over the place, unlike the Fitbit App.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivosmart. Besides charging it once a week I never take it off.
  • kvanderbeek1
    kvanderbeek1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Flex and loved it and it's water proof. I just got the Fitbit Surge and love it so far, but it's only water resistant.
  • BethemilyProsser
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I have the Garmin Vivosmart. Besides charging it once a week I never take it off.
    That is what I was thinking about getting and Iam a dog bather so I prefer completely waterproof and the fact it's compatible with this app.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    That is what I was thinking about getting and Iam a dog bather so I prefer completely waterproof and the fact it's compatible with this app.

Well, I just gave three of my four furbabies baths last week with it on! Lol. And I switched from the Polar Loop to Garmin because of it's incompatibility and I have zero complaints. I add the chest strap during my workouts.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love my vivofit.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What activities do you do and what data points do you hope to track?

Those pesky little things get asked so rarely before people present a list of devices which may, or may not, fit your needs.
  • moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For about the last three weeks I have been using the MisFit Shine 'Speedo', it has been very accurate in tracking my sleep and how many lengths I do in the pool. Only downside is it won't tell me until I sync with my computer.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ive heard so much rage about the fit bit! I really want one myself! I hope you find what you are looking for x
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've been holding out for the Garmin Fenix Sapphire to add an integrated HRM, that is my dream fitness tracker!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just got the new Polar A360 and so far I'm happy with it. Optical HR Monitor overall is pretty accurate so far and does a great job quickly picking up changes in HR. I use it for CrossFit.
  • shinew7911
    shinew7911 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I use Garmin Fenix Sapphire and has very happy with it, if you're actively participating in sports or workout almost daily, I highly recommend it. Although for general fitness tracking, fitbit seems to be very well regarded.

One aspect of fitness tracking hasn't been mentioned is muscle quality and fat %, since pure weight tracking is quite inaccurate indicator of fitness. I recently acquired Skulpt Aim and it has proven to be useful in tracking my muscle gain and made me more aware of my muscle imbalance. They have the new version called Chisel that's cheaper than the Aim and having a indiegogo campaign right now. worth checking out. http://igg.me/at/uLqNn5x13vw/x/12810140