No Equipment 30 Day Challenge

Options
I found this equipment free 30 Day Challenge on imgur.com (http://imgur.com/gallery/FkVrO in case you want to check it out), and thought...what the heck, I'll do it. I am ready to start an exercise challenge, and have been working on a healthier diet (with a few faults of course).
Anyway, I am looking for a group of motivated people to join me. Today I took the fitness test (on the site) to find my difficulty level, and tomorrow plan on starting Day 1!
For those that would like to join me, let me share my information:
+Push-ups @ Level 2 (25 in 60 secs.)
+Sit-ups @ Level 1 (17 in 60 secs.)
+Burpees @ Level 1 (20 in 60 secs.)
For those interested, LET'S DO THIS! What are your fitness levels? What do you hope to gain from the challenge?

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'll join your challenge! I love walking and taking dance classes but I'm a shirker when it comes to my strength training stuff. This should keep me more honest! And next week I'll be on a road trip so equipment free is perfect. I'll check it out & start tomorrow. I've got a few limitations due to healing up an ongoing case of plantars fasciitis (no jumping jacks or burpees; I can't bounce on the foot yet) but I'm sure I can modify most anything.
    This will be fun! Nice to meet you. Thanks for starting this.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'd think about it, but I have to avoid sit ups for now. And really I tend to use machines for cardio. But I have been doing some body weight stuff, so I plan on hitting those hard for a while.
  • scolaris
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just do what you can Robert...
    Like bench pressing a few tacos, lol
    Sorry, that would involve 'equipment' like salsa and tortillas.
    My bad
  • scolaris
    Options
    Just checked it out. Did you read the comments? They're pretty funny. I'll be modifying quite a bit and basically just doing the body weight exercises without any jumping involved. I walk & dance copiously so I'm not concerned about my cardio. But if I can make myself do 30 days straight of some strength training I will feel like that was a big success!
  • Al48feelingreat
    Al48feelingreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MsNewDay wrote: »
    I found this equipment free 30 Day Challenge on imgur.com (http://imgur.com/gallery/FkVrO in case you want to check it out), and thought...what the heck, I'll do it. I am ready to start an exercise challenge, and have been working on a healthier diet (with a few faults of course).
    Anyway, I am looking for a group of motivated people to join me. Today I took the fitness test (on the site) to find my difficulty level, and tomorrow plan on starting Day 1!
    For those that would like to join me, let me share my information:
    +Push-ups @ Level 2 (25 in 60 secs.)
    +Sit-ups @ Level 1 (17 in 60 secs.)
    +Burpees @ Level 1 (20 in 60 secs.)
    For those interested, LET'S DO THIS! What are your fitness levels? What do you hope to gain from the challenge?

Brilliant your body will love you. 5 minutes of smash exercises daily or even twice or even three times and the benefits are immense
  • scolaris
    Options
    Am I the only one who started?
    ~harrumpfs to self~
    That's cool. I can appreciate solitude. I need something very basic like this to keep me going thru the holiday season.
    Just finished Day 1, beginner level...
    (Everything I'll be doing will be modified to eliminate jumping. Today, no mods necessary.)
    uvs6x1ogtntp.png
  • Hortmama
    Hortmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the look of this, i will certainly give it a try.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • robertw486
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Am I the only one who started?
    ~harrumpfs to self~
    That's cool. I can appreciate solitude. I need something very basic like this to keep me going thru the holiday season.
    Just finished Day 1, beginner level...
    (Everything I'll be doing will be modified to eliminate jumping. Today, no mods necessary.)
    uvs6x1ogtntp.png

I started before it started with my modified challenge. I'm still going to use some equipment for cardio, but my strength stuff and circuit will be all no equipment.

And I can tell you now, I've already found muscles I forgot all about, well before adding weights to the picture. I did a bunch of varieties of squats between chest and ab stuff the other day, and I felt those more than the chest and ab work I think! I keep hearing that biking and elliptical works the gluts but never really feel it much. After all those "in between squats" my butt was burning the next morning! :)

As for taco integration, it will not include bench pressing them. That moves them away from my mouth. If I integrate tacos, it will be curls with each repetition of a slightly lower weight.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yeah I do not think I can do PUSH ups but I will give this a go :P Well day 1 at least haha! Those comments though ....
  • scolaris
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Robert: your ingenious problem solving skills re:taco construction, integration & maintenance astound!
    Welcome sweetie pie... We'll be doing it ALL soon enough!
  • MsNewDay
    MsNewDay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @scolaris That is great. I usually get put off when equipment comes into play because I don't have much other than a 30lb band and 5lb weights, but eventually want to get more. I'm glad you can utilize this on your vacation.
    @robertw486 Utilize this program as much as possible. If you have restrictions, you already know what is working for you, but there are some pretty decent workout you can incorporate from the challenge.
    @Al48feelingreat I'm just hoping my body shows it lol. But of course, the incorporation of a healthy diet is essential. With both I'm sure my body will appreciate, if not soon, then definitely in the long run.
    @Sweetiepiestef I feel you. I "scored" in the intermediate level for push ups, which I was surprised about, and beginner for everything else. I am scared of doing the push ups, but am ready to take it on.

Also, I didn't get to start the challenge yesterday because I had to stay overtime at work, but today will do both day 1 and day 2, wish me luck :-/...jk, I won't need it lol. But I am glad to have you guys on board. Let's do this!
  • scolaris
    Options
    Yay!
  • scolaris
    Options
    We're like the Bad News Bears of body weight training!
  • MsNewDay
    MsNewDay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 1 and 2 done! :wink: Yeah I am not sure if I really would be considered intermediate for push ups though. I had to pause a few times to make it through lol
  • robertw486
    Options
    MsNewDay wrote: »
    Day 1 and 2 done! :wink: Yeah I am not sure if I really would be considered intermediate for push ups though. I had to pause a few times to make it through lol

Well it takes a little time. Within 3-4 days of body weight stuff my number of reps started increasing much easier. It's easy to find those muscles we forgot all about that exist and are found with certain exercises!

@Sweetiepiestef If you have a hard time with full on pushups, you can do them on your knees, or even against a wall if needed. The great part about body weight exercises is being able to change the angle of your body to vary resistance.