Tattooed ladies!

Options
Just wondering how your tattoo's faired with loosing weight?
The only one I'm concerned about is my arm, I have a top half sleeve of beautiful flowers. My arms are big at the moment, but I'm worried that the flowers will be distorted once my arms slim down.
Photos welcome if you have any!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on much you have to lose. I have a large piece on my back (currently getting significantly larger), and small ones on my upper thigh and shoulder blade. None were adversely affected by my weight loss. Upper arm should probably be OK. I would worry about anything on the chest or stomach.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you looking to lose? I've lost about 45 pounds (my tracker doesn't reflect all of it) and my tattoos look the same.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have a 3/4 sleeve and the entire side of my thigh. I went from 265 pounds to 145 without them warping. I also lost slowly, so not sure if that helped.
  • talismanicmagic
    talismanicmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! I'm aiming for 45lbs and will see how I feel. Sw was 220, down to 211. I'm not looking to loose it quick, so hoping this will work in my favour. I carry most of my weight on hips and thighs.
    I don't have any on chest or tummy, just arms, and legs
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I've got my left thigh tattooed. I've lost almost 9cm off each thigh. So far the tattoo has done well. Actually it seems to have grown I know it hasn't lol. But as my thigh has shrunk the tattoo hasn't and it's slowly but surely wrapping it's way around.
    My rib tattoo hasn't changed at all. Calf muscle has done fine as well.
    But yes I'm losing slowly but surely. I think that's what the secret to saving our tattoos :)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how your tattoo's faired with loosing weight?
    The only one I'm concerned about is my arm, I have a top half sleeve of beautiful flowers. My arms are big at the moment, but I'm worried that the flowers will be distorted once my arms slim down.
    Photos welcome if you have any!

Check out the "photos only success stories" post in the success stories forums. Many many women and men with tattoos on their arms that have lost a ton of weight and I've seen not a single one that didn't look better than it did in the before pic.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I never had a lot to lose, but I have had four babies and my tattoo across my stomach still looks great! I think it is going to have to do with how well your skin retains it's elasticity....obviously after having a baby, my loss in the stomach wasn't "slow" my daughters were 10.5 months apart, so my belly was really up, down, up, down. My sister was overweight her whole life and when she lost, her chest and arm piece needed to be fixed, but her skin didn't bounce back very well.....so that's my theory....it depends on how taut and elastic your skin remains!
  • talismanicmagic
    talismanicmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Phew! I was starting to freak out that I was going to ruin my friends beautiful art work! Lol
    My end goal treat is going to be a thigh tatt
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85lb over a couple years so far and haven't noticed any negative affects on my tattoos. One of them is on my inner arm too, where the skin is pretty thin. Still looks good!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've got tattoos on my ribs and sides - no changes to them! :)