hrm

Options
What is the best or most accurate hrm to buy...Any suggestion...Thanks a lot...

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Some good makes are Polar, Timex and Garmin. Get one with a chest strap as they are more accurate than the others. Each manufacturer has several different models so it is best to check out their websites to see which model is most suitable for what you want.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Anybody know a general price range? I'd love to get one but I've always assumed they'd be way too expensive for me!
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT7 on the recommendation from my trainer at the gym for about $90 on Amazon.com (I opted to wait a few extra days to get the Free Super Saver Shipping). It has a chest strap (I do agree with the previous poster about needing a chest strap) and it tracks length of workout, heart rate (and gives you an average heart rate at the end), calories burned, and I did find that you can get it to display time of day while in work out mode. I really like it so far, and have been having a great experience with it.

Hope this helps!
  • precious71701
    Options
    Yeah...I am on amazon.com shopping for one right now....So hope I can get a deal a really good one...
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    If you decide to go with Garmin, make sure the "calories burned" function is based on HR and not on distance/speed run. My Garmin Forerunner 305 doesn't use HR to determine calories burned. and that can get frustrating when you are hiking a huge mountain.
  • Fenyx
    Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance n4 hrm with chest strap. Got mine at target for 70 bucks and man was it worth it. It's simple and easy to use, very accurate, and doesn't have all the useless features I wouldn't use to interfere with my workouts =D.