Before I buy --nu wave cooker

Options
Blazing_Brunette
Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
I like making whole chicken for weekly lunch meats .. Saw nuwave product .. Wanted to know if anyone has one and their review before I buy... thanks in advance !

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the nuwave, but I have an Instant Pot and it's AWESOME for whole chickens (and many, many other things). It cooks in 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your chicken.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks.. I'll check it out
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    We've used a FlavorWave, a sister product to the NuWave, for years. It's awesome for cooking chicken breasts or fish filets from frozen. It does a good job on whole chickens, but we don't cook them too often. It does really well for snack-type food that you'd typically cook in the oven as well.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks John .. I had a rotisserie but makes a mess and saw this product .. I like the easy clean up and it says from frozen to cook that's neat ..
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the table top oven and use it almost daily. It is great for anything you would normally put in the oven but uses less energy and the clean up is a breeze, plus all the fat drips off of your food.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The from frozen cooking is the main reason why I bought the Instant Pot too. If that does it, go for it!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thanks John .. I had a rotisserie but makes a mess and saw this product .. I like the easy clean up and it says from frozen to cook that's neat ..

We really like our FlavorWave because the cooking track and glass tray at the bottom are both dishwasher safe. Very easy to clean! We've had one for years and actually try to keep a backup. We've probably gone through 4 units in 10 years and keep going back to Ebay for replacements at about $75.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks everyone...