Friends on Diet Chef

thankyou4thevenom
thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
edited September 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So was wondering if there were any people on Diet Chef here? Can we be friends? I'm starting up a two month run as soon as it arrives.

Now if you're not on Diet Chef we can be friends too!

I'm going on it because I've gotten to my mental block place. That's the weight where I'm on the line between overweight and obese. I get here and lose focus.

Now I'm well aware the CICO crowd is going to go crazy telling me there's other ways, cheaper ways etc. please knock yourselves out because IDC.

Harsh? Maybe but there's a study that showed it doesnt matter how you lose the weight as long as when you get there you put the effort into maintaining it. After I've done this I'll go back to the CICO method.

Replies

• Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Hiya - I'm using DC and couldn't be happier B)
    There's actually nothing the CICO crowd should be concerned about either as it is normal food (not 'diet stuff') and works exactly on the CICO approach.

Have sent you a FR - Good luck!

78560134.png
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    ah - dontcha just love the Judge Judy's? How do they even find the thread?? Do they search for things to troll do you think?
    Anyway Thankyou4thevenom - I have made a decision to do the diet chef too.
    I work 45 hours a week, (5 days) and 2 nights midweek I travel 20kms to play badminton, 2 nights I go to college after work (4hrs each night) and then on Saturday I am also in college 8hrs
    Which kind now leaves me with Friday night (having just popped home to sleep since Monday) and Sunday to cook, clean, wash clothes and talk to my husband.
    So while its a quite expensive way to eat, its real food and otherwise I'll be on fast food or sandwiches. I don't want to spend my Sunday cooking and freezing.
    I am on 2 weeks holiday (all inclusive!) so I am starting the day I get home with the aim of dropping 2st by Christmas
  • KerrySayers27
    KerrySayers27 Posts: 36 Member
    I am doing Diet Chef as well. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • thecampioana
    thecampioana Posts: 3 Member
    How is it going so far? Have you lost any weight? I started with diet chef nearly a week ago and I already lost about 4lbs ;)
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Looks great! Question, what made you pick Diet Chef over its competitors. I've bee thinking about Hello Fresh, Diet To Go, and Blue Apron. Just haven't had to guts to commit to one yet.

I'd also like to say that I'm sure you're still applying CICO rules. So when you're done with Diet Chef you won't have to go back to CICO. You're likely already doing it.

Trust me, I definitely am NOT from the camp that CICO is ALL there is to weight loss. Nor do I think there is only one method to lose weight or things like this are a waste of money. Just pointing out you are doing the right things already.

I am in maintenance mode but boy do I struggle to maintain. And I get so busy I wonder if these prepared meals would help me stay on track.

Oh and please ignore the sentence in asterisks below. I am putting it on all my posts now as a signature. I am not assuming you are going to request me as a friend. :)

*Currently not accepting friend requests*
  • thecampioana
    thecampioana Posts: 3 Member
    When I first did this diet, about 4 years ago, I had looked around to see what other similar diets are, and diet chef was the most affordable 4 years ago I thought that the food was brilliant and I did managed to loose about 10kg in about 2 months. This time around, I didn't thought that the food is that great, but what I like about this diet is the fact that the portions are small or better said normal sizes lol. This is something that I need to get use to -small portions.
    So far, 2 weeks later I had lost 2.5kg x