High carb foods

Options
Anyone got some high carb foods then are good for snacks. Seem to struggle to get enough carbs most days. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Lenny and Larry cookies. Hummus and vegetables or baked chips. Fruit. Depends on how healthy you want to be lol. Cause if you have trouble, you could sneak some candy in there :p
  • timstevens1993
    timstevens1993 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem getting enough protein per day, just always been healthy carbs which has been the problem. Thanks for the advice though guys.
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    I've never had a problem getting enough protein per day, just always been healthy carbs which has been the problem. Thanks for the advice though guys.

You mean complex and simple carbs ? Complex carbs are the one that your body digests slower like pasta,bread,rice and there are simple carbs like fruits and veggies which are the primary source of energy for your body.
  • haleyselinab
    haleyselinab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal, add some peanut butter/cashew butter, real maple syrup (for extra calories & flavor) and maybe some chocolate chips (makes it taste like no bake cookie). I add coconut oil in my oatmeal too.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Bread and honey. Ramen noodles. Backed potato. Almonds. Raisins or dried apricots. Beans and rice. Pretzels. Rice cakes.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, when I need to fill fat and carb macros and after meeting protein... my go to is ice cream. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, when I need to fill fat and carb macros and after meeting protein... my go to is ice cream. :)

this, and oreos and bagels, pasta, rice, etc.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Dried fruits, honey glaze on to chicken, pistachios, honey squeezed on to grilled bananas.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am trying to grasp this problem. You must have a great number of foods on your no-no list. So here's some completely unprocessed choices that are also portable:

Edamame seed pods. Carrots. Apple.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    There is no minimum carb intake, so if you are satisfied with the carbs you eat, you could consider adding more fat to your diet to meet your calorie requirement.

Otherwise, easy fillers are rice, bread and noodles. I like keeping a variety of crunchy washed veggies on hand, and a good dip, for easy snacking.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    There is no minimum carb intake, so if you are satisfied with the carbs you eat, you could consider adding more fat to your diet to meet your calorie requirement.

Otherwise, easy fillers are rice, bread and noodles. I like keeping a variety of crunchy washed veggies on hand, and a good dip, for easy snacking.

Carbs are easier and much more beneficial than fat during a bulk.

Carbs that I tend to eat: breads (I use arnold whole wheat, 12 grain, etc...), P28 bagel (protein and whole grains), high sugar fruits, starches (potato), ice cream (when I maintain/bulk, I have a daily Klondike bar), chocolate, etc..
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Eddy's slow churned ice cream is really heavy on carbs, and low on fat.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I was a carb struggler too (still am). It helps if you take away the conventional thinking of what food goes where. I'm not above snacking on spaghetti. Put it with some bolognese sauce and you can knock out some protein too. I see potatoes as snacks as well. Frozen yogurt and greek yogurt are more faves because they're low in fat and fat is where I go over sacrificing carbs. Less of a fan of bagels but they get the job done.

Many fruits aren't the most efficient way but they tend to work well in my macros overall. Bananas are best for me and watermelon is my fun/happy carb.