Workout videos

Options
Has anybody has success with mostly using workout videos?

I'm in love with Fitness Blender, and for as long as I can't afford a gym membership and the weather is too bad to run, I'm using their videos as my cardio and body weight strength training. I try and run at least twice a week and I also have football (soccer) training for two hours once a week. I am 5'1" and I don't own a scale so guess I weigh about 125 pounds - I'm definitely a healthy weight, just looking to have a lower body fat % and more defined muscles. I eat 1200 cals and eat back exercise calories.

Thank you in advance for any feedback on your experiences with workout videos!

Replies

• katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love working out at home and find I have had great results. I do walk a lot too. A minimum of 15,000 steps a day. I hurt my back so haven't done any DVDs or hone workouts for around a month and really miss it! My favourites are Turbo Fire which is a kickboxing style workout, Brazil Butt Lift, jillian Michaels and fitness Blender. You can definitely get a good work out in your own front room
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, anxiety and panic issues. So I only work out at home or run outside, again panic/anxiety allowing. I started with Insanity, then T25 which I never finished as I started running. Now I do a combo of things, Insanity, T25, FItness Blender, the Bodyweight app, running. No reason working out at home has to be inferior in any way!
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender. I gave up my gym membership 1.5months ago. I follow different FB workout, Leslie Sansone, Jenny ford, the body project and few others
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I started with workout videos and stuck with them throughout my weight loss journey. I mostly do Jillian Michaels' workouts and will eventually move on to 'you are your own gym' which is a structured program from a book. I also use YT for many other workouts such as zumba, yoga, pilates, and own Rushfit, and insanity max 30. I don't tend to enjoy gyms and prefer to work out on my own.
  • jfzacharias
    jfzacharias Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love to do MASHUP Conditioning's 15-minute workouts, Insanity Max 30, 21 day fix, or walk/run outside.
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym either. I walk and do videos of Jessica Smith plus I have Just Dance game which is fun while breaking out some sweat.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ive worked out from home for over 10+ years. I just competed in my first Bikini Competition 2 weeks ago, all from home:)
  • 60muffin
    60muffin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For people like me who have joint issues, you might like to get hold of Rebecca Wheatley's the new me workout video. Does me a treat along with a weekly deep water aquarobics class and walking.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ive lost 5 stone doing les mills body combat - i used to do zumba too - but now i just do the workout dvd or on you tube 4 times a week!
  • svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much all! I've only just worked out how to find my own thread because I can't technology. That's really good to know, I'm still loving fitness blender but am looking forward to checking out your suggestions. It's reassuring to hear about your successes with similar methods, congratulations to you all!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I had success with P90x a few years back. I only stopped because of an injury. I could see visible muscular improvements within two months, and could do pull ups within weeks. It works really well if you put a lot into it.