Weight Loss Plateau... Anyone Else?

Options
I'm 62 days into the Fitness app and all was going so well! In the last week, I hit a leveling field. I lost 10lbs since the beginning; it was exciting to see and feel the effects. Now, I'm not feeling discouraged nor a desire to binge or anything. I'm simply seeking thoughts and encouragement on how to move forward.
Thanks for your kind words of compassion and understanding.

-Paul

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If its been a week, it is not a plateau. Some weeks you will lose, some may even gain, and others you'll stay the same. The trend should be downward though. So the key is to trust the science, double-check that your logging is accurate, and keep going. Our bodies are not efficient machines. Sometimes the things you do today will take a little while to show effects. Hang in there!

If still no change in another 4-5 weeks, then you'll really want to assess what you're doing. First make sure your goals are realistic, and then that your logging is accurate & honest.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Trust the process! If you've been losing at your current intake stick with it a few more weeks. I know its discouraging but you wont always see the scale move. Take your measurements and be patient!

Honestly the hardest part is having faith, you may not see the weightloss but you have to trust your plan. Keeping eating the cals MFP told you, work in some movement if you dont move much, and keep the faith. Patience is my challenge right now too!
  • fionnbeith
    fionnbeith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very kindly! I'll be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. That was helpful