how to gain weight evenly over body

Options
I have been trying to gain 20 lbs im currently at 112 and have been eating over 2000 calories a day like this ap said to gain a lb a week but I'm not seeing a difference and am wondering how I can gain weight without it going straight to my stomach like it tends to do and does water weight stay on?

Replies

• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You've already been given options on your thread about 'toning up'. Eat at a slight surplus and lift heavy :)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Eat at a surplus of no higher than 10% above TDEE while lifting heavy to minimize fat gain while putting on muscle
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You must lift. Plenty of awesome routines for gaining mass and size, combined with proper nutrition surplus, you cannot fail.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Eat big, lift big. You can't choose where weight will go to but usually the stomach is the first place to get fluffier. Once you get past abs disappearing you can embrace muscle growth and extra strength in the gym. Fluff can be stripped off again come cutting season, for now enjoy all the foods and lift heavy *kitten*!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you can't control where your weight gains will go. As others have said get on a structured lifting program,and make sure that you are in a 250 to 500 per day surplus.