NSV! A real swimsuit!

Options
Well, it is summer time, that means time to tan, play outside, sweat, run up the air conditioning bill, mow the lawn, wash the cars, and that is right, do the one thing EVERY women hates doing GO SWIMSUIT SHOPPING! I have not bought a new swimsuit since our honeymoon in 2007! Obviously the size 22 suit was not going to work for me this year plus it was all faded :( I loved that suit too!

Well I went digging through my dresser hoping maybe I had something I could use to swim in since we were going to The Great Wolf Lodge for Brayden's birthday the next day. Yes, I know, I know, I am a HUGE procrastinator especially when it comes to things I do not want to do, like shop for a swimsuit! But anyway, back on subject, I found a suit that I had forgotten I picked up last summer to go to Hawaii, it was an Old Navy Large, I assumed it would fit, so I packed it up. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL long story short I put the suit on and the suit hit the floor, the back of it is supposed to be open and I had to tie it so tight it wasn't, CRAP! At a waterpark with no suit! Only me!

I looked everywhere for a suit on short notice with no luck till the sales lady started pulling out some for me, WAY not my style, very small and girly, but I figured I may as well try. I tried on three of them and almost gave up but I needed a suit so I just picked one, and once I got used to it and let myself relax, I loved it! I bought a cute, multi-colored, non-plus size, tube top, two piece (It is a tankini, don't freak out just yet!) SEE? I am proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone!

67iaae.jpg28lqura.jpg

Replies

• rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the NSV !!! Great work...have fun...that's what I'm doing this summer...waterpark :happy:
  • ReadyMom
    ReadyMom Posts: 59
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WAY cute!! Looks great on you!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The swimsuit is adorable, and you look awesome in it! I wish my legs looked nearly that nice in swimsuits, haha.
  • cgirly422
    cgirly422 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You look amazing I would have guessed you a lot lighter than you say, hope you have loads of fun at the water park my suggestion is a margarita and the lazy river!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    looks awesome!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Incredibly cute suit too!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Very cute! way to go
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!
  • Zurelily
    Zurelily Posts: 21
    Options
    You look great! And BTW I love that swimsuit! So cute! :)
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Awesome job....... You made buying a great swimsuit look easy!!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Congrats!
    Super cute!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! congrats
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    I love it! Great suit. The two piece ones that are my favorite since the water can get to your belly. You look awesome! Happy Summer days!!
  • kcavities
    kcavities Posts: 18
    Options
    beautiful!! i love your confidence :)
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88
    Options
    Congrats on 132 pounds lost!!! That's phenomenal!!!
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    Awesome cute swimsuit!!!!!!! WTG
    Have tOnS of fUn in it!!!!! ;)
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great and the suit is so cute.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!