If you are/were over 300 pounds and have done the 30DS this

Options
I haven't met a single person who is my size whose done the 30DS and I seriously need some support. I just started today and feel like I could have done way better )=

Replies

• Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    Hi! Im over 300 (I was 315 when I tried the 30DS) and I had to quit...my knees would be killing me from all the jumping jacks and just general jumping! I really liked the boxing though!! I have a goal..when I hit 250 I'm going to try again. I'm sure there are people out there that are ab le to do it..but my pain tolerance just wasn't there ;(

..she is awesome though!!! :) Great workout :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I started over the 300 lb mark, and am now below it by a couple. I haven't done the 30DS as yet but it's available for me to do any time I want to start. I'll be going for low impact options on everything though due to my personal health issues.
  • llefeb3
    llefeb3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found the best thing for me to start with was the Zumba - very good for knees & legs (low impact) but a really good workout.
    Especially with the toning sticks which are only 1lb it's a great all around way to start a program. After about 4-6 weeks of doing Zumba (5 different tapes so good variety) I started to introduce the Jillian workouts once a week and I am getting better at them now.
    Hope this helps!
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    I'm just wondering if I should wait to do it until after I've lost some more weight. I don't think I have knee problems or anything like that, but I feel a jumping jack at 310 pounds sounds like a terrible terrible idea. Maybe I will wait to do it. I'm not sure yet though. I can do everything else though. Maybe instead of the jumping jacks and stuff I will just jog in place.
  • missxchelly
    Options
    Well I can only do like 4-5 of the modified push ups too. I didn't really realize how freaking weak I was.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I'm just wondering if I should wait to do it until after I've lost some more weight. I don't think I have knee problems or anything like that, but I feel a jumping jack at 310 pounds sounds like a terrible terrible idea. Maybe I will wait to do it. I'm not sure yet though. I can do everything else though. Maybe instead of the jumping jacks and stuff I will just jog in place.

Jogging in place is a good idea!! The good thing is..you WILL get better and better at it the more you do it ;). I know for me, and this is weird..but instead of holding my hands out and pretending I was jump roping..I would hold my stomic up so it woudln't hurt as much :). If your not hurting and doing her workouts...then good for you!!! :)

I am have also started the couch to 5 K and I am really enjoying it...who knew...jogging was okay! lol I just finished week two..week three is next week!!

If you want to add me as a friend, feel free :) Then you can see my workouts and stuff too :)
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have/am doing the 30DS and I started at 314 and now at 297! I modify the moves that I can't do. I agree jumping jacks are hard on your knees at this weight so I either march in place or do the jump roping. The key is to keep moving and keep your heart rate up. It will get easier butI have stayed on level one for a while since level two has some moves that are impossible at this size! Best of Luck!
  • missxchelly
    Options
    Yeah I figured I'll be on Level 1 for awhile, lol (=