How much are you exercising?

Options
Hi, i'm throwing myself back into it. after some personal time out, to shed some pounds before Christmas indulgence. I have quite a full gym routine. Just wondering what other peoples workout routines are, and how effective they are for reseults?

My current routine is;

Each workout is an hour each with an instructor.

Mon- HIT cardio (1hr)/ Weights (1hr)
Tues- Boxing
Wed - Weights/ Spin
Thurs - Combat Cardio
Friday- Day off
Sat - HIT Cardio/ weights
Sun- Day off

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i exercise at least 3-4 times a week and i do les mills body combat - i also walked in the spring/summer but its two cold now as i have to trawl two kids with me lol
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    3-4 days a week maybe 5 if I am not sore from lifting heavy. Try to do 3-4 days cardio for 30 mins.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I walk a minimum of 10k steps a day, but always get 100k for the week. So that means a 2-3 days with a long walk or hike. I take Zumba and UrbanKick each once a week. And I do some body weight exercise every day. I have 'active' days and 'active rest' days. Frankly, I would have to be sick or injured to do less. My MFP goal is set to lose 1 lb a week, but I've averaged 1.24 lbs a week for about 90 days. I'm happy with where I am.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I aim for 5 times per week for 1 or 2 hours per day.

Monday - walking and kickboxing
    Tuesday - rest day (although i do walking at a slow pace)
    Wednesday - circuit training and weights
    Thursday -kickboxercise
    Friday - Walking and kickboxing
    Saturday - kickboxercise
    Sunday - rest day

As for results - it helps to keep me motivated and focused. it helps to keep me toned whilst losing weight and it makes me feel better about myself.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    About 30 minutes of lifting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, usually a 20 minute walk on non-lifting days. That's it. :smile:
    I've been doing this a month now, excellent results so far. I see and feel the difference. I used to do pilates every day for about 6 months but lost my motivation and started lifting instead. I do however mix in some pilates ab work here and there during sets, for example instead of reverse crunches.
  • frannyupnorth
    frannyupnorth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think extra walking is a good way sneak in deficit without your body really noticing. A brisk half hour walk a lunchtime does the trick for me if I want to boost my progress. At the moment I usually walk at least 50mins per day (to and from work) anyway.

I also enjoy learning to do new things, so rather than worry too much about the intensity, I reason that the fact I'm learning to move my body in different ways tones and strengthens it in ways that my normal routine wouldn't.

Monday - Yoga (1h)
    Tuesday - Masters Swimming (1h)
    Wednesday - Masters Swimming (1.5h)
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - Masters Swimming (1h) & learning to ballroom dance (1h)
    Saturday - rest
    Sunday - Learning to iceskate (1h)

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    3 times a week - twice for 45 minutes, once for 80 minutes roughly

and I walk every day

I don't like burn-out
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    0 working out. I hate it, truly.

BUT I walk 15-25,000 steps a day at work, and I also keep my deficit fairly large.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Yoga almost daily
    Weights 3 times a week
    Run 3 times a week
    1 rest day
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Winter is more laid back. Not too taxing but keeping in cardio shape and burning off a little body fat.

Daily 1 to 1 1/2 hours of bike at a 70% HRM Monday thru Friday. Building endurance base. Recovery ride pace to burn calories.

Add weights 2 evenings, not heavy lifting. More of a maintain muscle mass level of weights. I will hit hamstrings and glutes harder to build some muscle mass.

Saturday 40+ mile ride, immediately transition into 10K run to push it one day a week.

• Heatherthecyclist
    Heatherthecyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitive cyclist and runner. Train at least twice a day, 3 times some days, no rest days just varied effort levels.

The body can do a lot more than people think without this ' burnout' everyone seems to think will happen
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Monday yoga /pilates class
    Tuesday cardio /weights /balance class
    Wednesday spin class
    Thursday core class and sometimes I also go to spin class
    Friday weights class
    Weekend off
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I am comfortable with Zumba Gold class twice weekly and then walking another couple of days a week or mowing the yard, etc. But I'm older, so the walking I do at work is really pretty good for me. I know I wanted to lose the lbs and not have to commit to trying to become a mountain climber or whatever. lol
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am still losing so mostly focused on cardio:
    S - Spin plus 10,000 or more steps
    M - Spin plus 10,000
    T - Spin plus 10,000
    W - nothing but 10,000
    T - Spin plus 10,000
    F - Spin, not many steps because of back to back meetings all day
    S - some form of cardio then yoga
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    About 5 times a week. I try to lift weights enough so that I focus on every body part at least once a week.
    Cardio is usually done during these sessions, sometimes steady state, sometimes intense, depends how I feel and what I am trying to accomplish.
    You have a pretty hectic schedule there, but if you enjoy it...awesome.
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually excercise 5 days a week (sometimes 4, dependent on what happens that day). I lift 2-3 days a week and do cardio everyday for 30-35 minutes. Sardar and Sunday are my rest days, but I also walk around a lot since I work those days.