Tea & coffee

Options
beccyleigh
beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
Should I be listing the cups of tea I drink in a day? I use skimmed milk, no sugar & have around 2-3 cups but haven't been putting them down.

What do you do?

Replies

• SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes because you have to account for the calories & what not in the milk. I always record mine.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yes you should be.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I log my fruit juice but take my tea and coffee black so there's effectively no calories to be logged from that! I also don't log my water, I adjust that on an almost daily basis anyway based on how I'm feeling. Doing better now that I'm drinking more of it again.

ETA - if I drank coffee with cream and sugar I'd certainly log it because of the "stealthy" calories from those addins
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Anything you put in your mouth, such as lick, bite, sniff so close you can taste it, you log it.:flowerforyou:
  • ladyoni
    ladyoni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I record mine as well. I use semi skimmed milk and splenda...that's 34 calories per cup of coffee...have 2 or 3 a day, it soon adds up.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    Tea and coffee are mild diuretics, so if you drink much of it, you should probably drink more water.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    no i never logged mine, cos i kept getting comments off people over the quantities, so i wouldnt log it, but maybe try and leave 100/200 cals spare for it
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    i'm logging the water in the water table, I am drinking around 4-5 large glasses a day, I can't seem to get anymore down & I am peeing all day because of it :) but I will start logging the tea too, I always have at least 100 cals left over every day anyway so it wont be too much of a sacrifice.